n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:37 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Aiming, serious tips. 
[n00b] Member

Post Aiming, serious tips.
Since I feel like inputting my tips:

Getting good at close range: The glock is the key gun to perfecting a close range shooting. If you want to work on that, I'd suggest joining any regular public server (dust2 or something that has small areas (short, B, etc)) and buying a Glock/Armor/Nade/Flash/Flash/Kit.

You can use burst or single short, your choice. Use burst in narrow corridoors and single shot at mid/long distance, crouching with burst can also be good at long long range.

Getting good at medium range: AK/M4/Mp5 are all good (I even enjoy using the sig/aug) at medium range, the technique with these guns is to get a solid torsoe torsoe shot (just below the neck) and then crouching.

Basically, if you want to work on your spraying/playing against multiple enemies, go to short A (on dust2) and play that spot with a AK/M4, against multiple enemies always aim at the closer one and kill them standing, when the rest come up crouch down and spray and move your crosshair in small circles at their chest, this will kill them fast. This will all happen within a second or less, so you have to get the technique down.

Getting good at long range: Awp/M4/AK/Scout can all help you long range, I'd suggest scouting for a while and getting in the feel of conserving your bullets and hitting them, once you've got the technique down start buying an awp when you can, hitting them and conserving bullets is key.

AK/M4 shoot in 1-2 shot bursts, at long distances (such as T side doors to CT side doors on Aztec, across water, across long A on dust2, etc) shoot in 1-2 shot bursts, basically put the crosshair on their head and pull down a little everytime you shoot 2 times, but stick it on their head for 1 shot bursts.

If they are a little closer start to practice 3 shot bursts, aim high (well, at least a head high) above their head and start to shoot your 3 shot burst, after your first shot is fired pull down your crosshair to their neck and keep shooting, the spray line and bullets will basically go perfect on their head and shoot help you out.

If you want to practice all these techniques with a gun, buy a Deagle (Desert Hawk) armor, a HE grenade, and a flashbang (possibly kit).

The deagle basically applys the same rules as the AK/M4, aim at their torsoe, hit them there at least 1-2 times and then crouch down and continously fire, if they have armor and you should them in the torsoe with a deagle most the time it can do a solid 40+ (like a scout) damage, learn to conserve your deagle bullets and use them effectively, aim at the guy and shoot slowly, except when they're closer.

gl hf.

Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:51 pm
[n00b] Member

DESERT EAGLE not hawk and to be technical its not even Desert eagle anymore its Magnum =)

Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:58 am
[n00b] Member

and no dude the deagle doesnt use the same rules as the M4 it uses the same rules as the pump shotty, even running the first shot is accurate.

try it run at a box or some shit from a good distance, and fire 1 round count to 2 and fire again at the same spot while still running youll be amazed how accurate it is, now try the same shit with an m-4 youll F*CKING hit all over the place and youll be lucky if your first shot hits where your aiming .

=)

F*CK aiming for the torso thats the pussies way out aim for the head always

just my 2 cents

Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:01 am
[n00b] Member

and no dude the deagle doesnt use the same rules as the M4 it uses the same rules as the pump shotty, even running the first shot is accurate.

When I said that, I meant you can learn to use the ak/m4 by using the deagle since you have to go for torsoe shots and then crouch to finish them off, it's good practice.

Mithril wrote:
try it run at a box or some shit from a good distance, and fire 1 round count to 2 and fire again at the same spot while still running youll be amazed how accurate it is, now try the same shit with an m-4 youll F*CKING hit all over the place and youll be lucky if your first shot hits where your aiming .

That's why you pull down, the M4 isn't nearly as random as the deagle is.

=)
Mithril wrote:
F*CK aiming for the torso thats the pussies way out aim for the head always

just my 2 cents

If you aim at the torsoe with the AK/M4 there's plenty enough recoil for it to go to the head on the 2/3 shot, if you watch any professional demos with any of the cal-i/cpl players (3D, TEC, coL, whatever) they all do the techniques I listed above.

Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:51 pm
Ok so with the scrims and all I was trying to get a little better so I come read this again. If you shoot in burst you will see an increase in kills.. I thought spraying was the way to go but screw spraying BURST!

Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:27 pm
Forum Maggott

M4)2-4 shot burst from far away and 4-6 shot burst in medium range and 6-spray at close quarters but aim the tip of your hairs below the chest for Headshot and below the waist for all chest or arms.

AK. I usally do a 2-3 shot burst and do single shots aiming for chest...at pointblank just duck and spray up and down at a medium speed

USP/GLOCK.) Aim the top hairs at feet and shoot 3-4 rounds per sec....

thats what i do...but peaple think of me as a odd looking player

Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:27 pm
Forum Newbie

I've been using the m4 for awhile and im pretty good with it, its a very good gun no matter what the situation, if u can dont use silencer for long range shots, the acc. is not that good, med/close distance silencer works great i think, go ahead and spray(when i mean spray just keep clicking the mouse, dont hold it all the time, just CLICK CLICK CLICK , at a pretty decent pace) with it when you are up close just keep the aim steady dont let it run away from u, or your gonna miss really bad, just aim for the guy(torso). In a medium if u are in a close 1 on 1 situation, like coming behind a corner just duck and spray at him! if he sees u crouching get up and shoot at him, this takes his aim from the head off to the torso, for long range, always move, if u know an enemy is hiding besides something(a corner, a ledge, a cradle) just keep going left to right so he doesnt know where u are! i hope these tips will help some ppl! 8)

Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:38 pm
[n00b] Member

you guys are doing it all wrong... you must reach deep down inside and whip out that inner chi! To find it, go ahead and start up CZ, blind fold yourself, and start playing. Do this for about 2hrs each day and continue doing so until you consistently maintain a positive ratio or you actually make it around the entire map without dying. Once you master the maps without your eyes you will be that much closer to becoming a master cs player!!

Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:44 am
[n00b] Member

Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:48 pm
[n00b] Member

ever play with one eye? totally fucks ya up!

Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:17 pm
Spammer Hopeful

<-----

Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:54 pm
Lazer Jesus

<----------

Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:19 pm
[n00b] Member

Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:04 pm
[n00b] Member

Angry Kitten... I'm trying to decipher what you're saying... all I could come up with is, you played with three other guys penises while 10 people watched? eww.

Damn Hippie... is that life size? I'm counting about three inches on my screen... What about everryone else?

Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:11 am
[n00b] Member

hah...nahhh...i only count two inches...srry hippie

Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:53 am
[n00b] Member

Damn Hippie... is that life size? I'm counting about three inches on my screen... What about everryone else?

LMFAO :!: :!:

Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:38 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

you guys are doing it all wrong... you must reach deep down inside and whip out that inner chi! To find it, go ahead and start up CZ, blind fold yourself, and start playing. Do this for about 2hrs each day and continue doing so until you consistently maintain a positive ratio or you actually make it around the entire map without dying. Once you master the maps without your eyes you will be that much closer to becoming a master cs player!!

LOL!!!

well i have to agree with OCThunderFuck....ive been playing with the m4 for awhile now..I think ive kinda mastered it....for me however, I hate playing without scilencer. I think the scilencer kinda controls it a bit better...i can make a pretty nice long range shot with it too...using 1-2 round bursts...spray is pretty nice if u work it like the ak (bringing the mouse down after you fire like 4-6 rounds and keep holding). The click spraying is also beautiful.

One problem i have though...is that i cant use to AK very well...like I can do some decent things but in the long run, my ratio score with only using AK is pretty bad...help?

another tip for practicing betta...i set my crosshair to non-transparent red...and the smallest size possible..it really helps alot

Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:45 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

thx for the tips..i was also wondering should i keep the auto aim on? and even the one that smooths out the mouse movement?

thx
-death

Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:29 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

www.xkcd.com best web comic ever

Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:02 pm
Profile YIM
[n00b] Member

my AK knowledge (for what it's worth, probably less than the time you spend reading this...)

AK single shot is practically as accurate as a scout, so do that for long distance...medium distance, do 2-3 shot bursts aiming at the upper torso, close range just hold it down until they die, even without a headshot 3 or 4 shots should do.

and always remember to dodge while you do this, even though i never do (and usually die because of it)

Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:24 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next