n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 I suck, I need help. 
Forum Newbie

Post I suck, I need help.
So, I've been playing CS for roughly about 2 years, and I seem not to get any better. I don't know if this is god's way of saying "F**k You" or if it's the fact that I'm high most of the time playing CS.

I just ask for any general tips on playing CS to further my ability to play better.

Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:30 pm
[n00b] Member

Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:30 pm
Forum Newbie

Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:35 pm
[n00b] Member

I wouls say PLAY...PLAY...PLAY with the best and you will get better.
Training with BOTS also helps a LOT.

Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:37 pm
Profile YIM WWW
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 3608&q=DDR

Thats what I do before I get on. It enhances my play with letting me drop 50's.

Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:59 pm
[n00b] Member

I usually play when i'm high, and then I do better than when I'm sober. Try smoking more?

Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:31 pm
Profile YIM
[n00b] Member

crayola, that wasn't even on fast. Please stop even trying to be good at anything.

Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:31 pm
ROFL that wasnt me, thats just what I do. RETARD /bant :D

Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:32 pm
[n00b] Member

lmao crayola, neways i usually practice on funmaps where noone sees how much i suck, like ak colt, knife_zone, scoutsknives, and iceworld,

Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:12 pm
[n00b] Member

First move off the island and back to the mainland... you're pings are gonna suffer when playing so far away... unless you find a good Hawaiian server with hula dancers and shit...

Second, make sure your hardware is up to par... good processor, graphics card, memory, etc... Without decent framerates, you're gonna be pwned by little tots like crayola.

Third, invest in an awesome pair of headphones... How good do you want to be and what is it worth to you? You get what you pay for. Think about that. If you're tired of nubs like brand pwning you in your Hawaiian ass then I recommend you find some super duper 1337 studio quality headphones. Sound hax FTW!

Fourth, always join the losing team and do whatever it takes to survive. Be the last man standing... be as sneaky as possible. And i'm not telling you to curl up in a corner on some map and suck your thumb.

Fifth, once you know how to survive, buy just a deagle. Nothing will teach you to be more efficient with your bullets than facing an opponent with his trigger stuck on an M4. Practice guerilla tactics with mulitple enemies. Keep doing that until you maintain a positive score.

Sixth, now you're ready to graduate to the M4 or mp5. Use the same techniques you picked up with the deagle and adapt them to the m4... only difference is you got more chances now and you can take down mulitple people. M4 is the nub gun of choice... tight spray pattern, power, easy to aim and use. Remember to continue joining the losing team.

Seventh, learn to bind... bind everything and make yourself a custom config file. Google it... Learn all the cs commands and what they do. Master the game outside the game. Commands will dictate everything from shot registry to how smooth your game is. In an open shoot out, knowing this can singlehandedly decide if you kill an l337 player or he kills you.

Eighth, practice with each weapon and learn the spray patterns for each. Find out where the bullets land. Save the AK for 2nd to last... it has the most recoil and takes the most skill to learn. AWP is last... distance shooting at unsuspecting oponents is easy... and if you do everything I tell you it will be that much easier. 1337 AWP skill comes in when you're close quarters. It's a balance of listening, hand eye coordination, and speed. It ties in everything you've learned thus far.

All this should take you a while to get through and master... but it is the path to getting better. If you find that you still suck, go find brand and ask him for his hacks.

Last edited by DocWonder on Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:50 am
Well...

Fourth, always join the losing team and do whatever it takes to survive. Be the last man standing... be as sneaky as possible. And i'm not telling you to curl up in a corner on some map and suck your thumb.

No offense to you doc. Last man standing thats called baiting and its generally frowned upon. Go first dont be a pu$$y

but its ok doc. :D

Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:54 am
[n00b] Member

Fourth, once you know how to survive, buy just a deagle. Nothing will teach you to be more efficient with your bullets than facing an opponent with his trigger stuck on an M4. Practice guerilla tactics with mulitple enemies. Keep doing that until you maintain a positive score.

You said fourth twice...

Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:02 am
[n00b] Member

You said fourth twice...

As long as most of the teeth are there, that's all that matters.

Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:40 pm
[n00b] Member

PiNoY wrote:
You said fourth twice...

As long as most of the teeth are there, that's all that matters.

In the Revolutionary war the requirement was 2 front teeth, one top, one bottom, to be able to serve in the infantry.

Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:12 pm
[n00b] Member

Well...

Crayola wrote:
No offense to you doc. Last man standing thats called baiting and its generally frowned upon. Go first dont be a pu$$y

I actually first noticed a huge difference in my game play after I watched Doc play back in Office area on de_office_cz. I started learning to make my feet STFU and I got mega more kills.
The best part of CS is when you're playing with only a few people and everyone walks. sneaking around people or faking them shows pwnage skills, but you can't do it while running.
Watching Doc made me turn out as more of a clutch player than a good teammate, but it works for me 8) I also just got off playing in my friend's 1.6 server where I was about 30-5 with a clutch ace (6k) on nuke.

Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:09 pm
[n00b] Member

btw Doc. is there some way to erase my mind and go back in time about 2-3 years? I'd like to do all of that over again with those tips. That list is near perfect, as long as you practice and stick to the schedule.

of course, I also suggest scrimming. 5v5 or even 3v3. teaches you to be silent and deadly along with the mechanics of the game.

Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:12 pm
[n00b] Member

DocWonder wrote:
Well...

but its ok doc. :D

Crayola,

Baiting is intentionally instructing or following the guy in front to get shot up and die... and then run out and kill the enemy while they're reloading.
I did not advise that at all... so kindly STFU.

Do whatever you want crayola... this advice is for people who want to use it and get better... and that needs to be done in stages. Part of learning is knowing when to attack. If it happens to be while a person reloading... so be it. Baiting is also a good tactic and used in competition. I would easily sacrifice one man if it meant we could get the upper hand in a match.
Blaming someone in a pub for baiting is too easy and a cop out for your own lack of skill. Let's describe a scenario... ok player 1 and player two rush out together... however player 2 decides to find a strategically sound spot to engage the enemy while player 1 rushes on a head (aka rambo). Well, player 2 didnt tell player 1 to go out ahead and rush into enemy fire. Player 2 has no responsibilty for player 1's actions. Player 2 witnesses player 1's suicidal attempt at pwnage, but fails... player 2 then smartly takes advantage of enemies momentary weakness due to reload. Let me explain why this is not baiting. 1) player 2 has no responsibility for player 1s actions or stupidity... just because your friend jumps off a 40 story building doesn't mean if you jumped off after him to save him the out come will change... except you're dead too. 2) If player 1 wasnt there... player 2 will have remained in his location ready for engagement of the enemy.

Match Play
Good team work would include good communication... obviously that is not what a pub is about. Teamplay is about utilizing the full potential of each member to reach a common goal/objective. Yes there are times to rush... but that is only to catch the enemy off guard... if they're expecting you it will usually end badly for the rushees.

Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]