n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Map rotation change 
n00bfest Council

Post Map rotation change
I agree that some maps need to change. Unless the admin privileges get fixed soon (which as we speak i think they are but if not) maps that kill the server because of one sided ness or because The people that voted for them are people that hardly play in the main to play said map needs to go.

I liked skysy at first but it is a server killer especially after dust2 and then it never gets to the good shit unless somebody puts up a vote who has the ability to. Prodigy is another shitty stacking map that while can be fun... Depending on how good your team is, 3 people could hold guardhouse while the rest shoot/snipe long hall. Aztec falls into this same situation with the fact that unless you have a decent amount of people working with u (wish is questionable in a pub) then you are again up shit creek without a paddle. along with Italy. Italy is fun unless you are on CT. There are 3 ways to get to the place and as I've seen proven, One person in the hostage house can take out a team of 5 CTs rushing in one at a time which is what tends to happen, especially if they are try hard people.

Tides is the last map that besides skysy and prodigy that I would like to see gone. Tides is T sided like a mother F*CKER to the point that if ts plant A (I think that's the one closest to T spawn) they pretty much have won if they cover the entryways.

TL;DR: skysy, Tides and prodigy IMO need to go and Aztec and Italy can stay but spread them out, don't put them right beside each other.

If no maps are removed I request at least a shuffle of the maps

Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:37 pm
[n00b] Member

Post Re: Map rotation change
too true. can we also have suggestions as to what maps would be good on the rotation? i dont know many maps on css :/

Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:48 pm
[n00b] Member

In regards to italy, im not sureif it can bedone but if italy_tactics can be added instead it makes it a much fairer game..it adds areas not normal to italy and allowing the CTs to have a chance..i dont member if it was on the old nomination list or not

Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:40 am
n00bfest Council

Sorry but I disagree on Tides. Its T sided ONLY because CTs decide camping back and sniping from walkway is the right way when in fact Ts and CTs have equal chance to get to A at the same rate. Its quite easy to get into A before the Ts even but people sadly stick what they know....camping. Btw thats also without using flashes or smokes which makes it even easier to get into A before them or at the same time. Infact Tides is like Aztec T side, camp you lose rush you win. Since thats the case and you get rid of Tides then get rid of Aztec as it shares the same problem. I personally like Tides simply for the fact that it forces you not be a camping pu$$y and that is why people complain day and night about it. They camp and get pissed when it doesnt work because thats all they do.

Prodigy is shit but people hate it because 3/4 of the Ts go guard house and then complain its hard. Rush long hall.... you've just won. Still though remove it as its shit regardless.

Aztec and Italy need to be moved to different points in the rotation that is true but as much as I think brick is a paint chip eating little turd Italy_tactik is superior. Aztec can be completely demolished T side if people stopped sitting in one place. Different things you can do on T side are: Smoke bridge room immediatly and rush it HARD, Rush Double doors and flash/smoke the site HARD, go water smoke the ramp but throw flashes in front of you on the ground (snipers in site get blinded and pushed back) and rush either ramp. These are all Viable ways of winning T side but nah F*CK it lets camp.

A map Id like to see added is DE_nightfever. Its extremely even and I dont see any glaring problems with it at all other than the fact that people have trouble downloading it from the server. I dont know if this can be fixed or not but if it can It would be an amazing addition as its fast, fun, EVEN, and isnt utter shit.

Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:21 am
[n00b] Member

Is there anyway a poll can be put up?
People add their favorite maps and allow people to vote for them making it so people wont be able to bitch like they do since they were the ones that said yes to the maps. In the end whichever have the most are added and in a case of their being to many have a revote on just those, i understand that many ppl think im a "paint chip eating turd" but if the same idea was brought forth by anyone else itd prolly be looked at higher.

Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:49 am
n00bfest Council

Honestly, tides and prodigay can stay.

The maps just need to be spread out.

Reilly hit it on the head, if you play the maps right they aren't one sided.

Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:27 pm
Profile YIM
n00bfest Elder, Senior Admin

BITCH BITCH BITCH MOAN BITCH MOAN WHINE WHINE WHINE.

Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:08 pm
n00bfest Council

mossyoak wrote:
Honestly, tides and prodigay can stay.

The maps just need to be spread out.

Reilly hit it on the head, if you play the maps right they aren't one sided.

And this is the point right here... they won't be played right... they will be played like it will be played with pubs... 5 v 5 yes it could be even and makes sense, if not it is a 1 sided ordeal. I'm mostly talking about prodigy.

Yeah tell us we bitch and moan and shit but when the server has been sitting empty lately and only gets populated when a group of us get together to try to populate it... then you know it starts looking like the BF3 server.

Yes I know we will never lose the CS:S server probably but the pure fact that right after dust 2 we hit the lawl of Skysy Italy and Aztec before it gets to the popular maps hurts shit, especially with the fact sometiems there isnt' an admin that will change it.

Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:48 pm

Fomenta JUST got done spending tons of time updating the minecraft server. Then spending several hours updating everything and getting admin corrected on CS:S. Give him a damn break before we throw something else at him to fix or improve. Admin is back. You can skip over those maps for the time being. Just suck it up for a little while longer while we are still trying to make sure everything works correctly. I'm not trying to be rude, but just give him time to breathe.

Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:19 pm
[n00b] Member

its whining if we don't suggest anything.
;)

Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:46 pm
[n00b] Member

Fird wrote:
its whining if we don't suggest anything.
;)

true shit

Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:17 pm
Forum Maggott

Mr.Reilly wrote:
A map Id like to see added is DE_nightfever. Its extremely even and I dont see any glaring problems with it at all other than the fact that people have trouble downloading it from the server. I dont know if this can be fixed or not but if it can It would be an amazing addition as its fast, fun, EVEN, and isnt utter shit.
I was just about to say that. That map is F*CKING awesome! That day you switched to it on the server I thought it was a great map and definitely very even in terms of each side.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:05 am
[n00b] Member

electriX wrote:
I was just about to say that. That map is F*CKING awesome! That day you switched to it on the server I thought it was a great map and definitely very even in terms of each side.

In otherwords he is asking if he can just suck some dick

Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:25 am
n00bfest Council

Sweet Pea wrote:
Fomenta JUST got done spending tons of time updating the minecraft server. Then spending several hours updating everything and getting admin corrected on CS:S. Give him a damn break before we throw something else at him to fix or improve. Admin is back. You can skip over those maps for the time being. Just suck it up for a little while longer while we are still trying to make sure everything works correctly. I'm not trying to be rude, but just give him time to breathe.

Yes I know the admin was fixed yes I know that... and trust me i'm not taking anything he did for granted. This post was originally suppose to have been made the week before. Sorry...

Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:03 pm
Game Server Admin

I really appreciate what the higher ups do to keep this community running as smoothly as it does. I know this issue has been brought up before, with maps being stacked together that kill the server. Its a double edged sword. Because once I hit the part of the rotation that I think is awesome im in the server for another 2 hours, but when Syksy Aztec Italy hit feels like punching myself in the dick may be a better option, and other people feel the same and leave. By the end of those 3 maps seems like population has decreased quite a bit.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:20 am
[n00b] Member

agreed a nice shuffle would be great.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:47 am
[n00b] Member

Is this a thread about Shottyfest?

Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:53 pm
n00bfest Council

Tazzaler wrote:
Is this a thread about Shottyfest?

SHOTTYFEST!

Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:20 pm
Profile YIM

Do I need to bring back my AIM maps thread?

Because I vote for some damn aim maps.

strangelegend@n00bfest.com

Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:25 pm
Profile WWW
n00bfest Council

Shottyfest & Aim maps on one server?! OH THE HUMANITY!

Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:27 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next