n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Map rotation change 
[n00b] Member

Post Re: Map rotation change
Once again why doesnt someone just put a thread up where ppl can add their maps of choice and then allow a poll of them all? No one will be able to bitch cuz they picked them.

Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:37 pm
n00bfest Elder, Senior Admin

Because what happened last time is that a bunch of people put up maps that were outside the criteria that I outlined in my original post and we couldn't use half of them. Then I posted a poll in a separate thread and on the announcements that didn't turn out very well. If people actually paid attention and researched maps that we could have on the server it wouldn't be a problem. :\

Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:41 pm
[n00b] Member

Sweet Pea wrote:
Because what happened last time is that a bunch of people put up maps that were outside the criteria that I outlined in my original post and we couldn't use half of them. Then I posted a poll in a separate thread and on the announcements that didn't turn out very well. If people actually paid attention and researched maps that we could have on the server it wouldn't be a problem. :\

we will this time around, and about the spawn limitations that could be fixed by yay :D

Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:32 pm
[n00b] Member

well can we just have a thread that evreyone posts their choices..and then someone goes thru and punches the ppl who posted bad maps/maps with issues in the face and the rest are voted on?

Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:15 pm
n00bfest Council

As much as people love custom maps (I.e season) that is the only map that I have seen that is custom that has brought people into the server. The n00bfest main should stick to popular maps so we can build our regulars back up. Honestly I wouldn't mind going back to the days where people had to message admins that were playing to kick an Afker just to get in. The current map rotation has yielded that only a couple of times and that was when From what I witnessed, admins putting up votes for the popular maps (dust2, office, season, cbble)

I'm this time, we have already seen that custom map servers, fun map servers, surf servers for n00bfest haven't worked. An overflow server doesn't work because of the fact we don't have a redirect to it. The n00bfest main is our main place of focus and place of recruiting. We need to make that easier on us with making it popular again with a rotation that doesn't have massive dead spots. That's my point for making this thread. People will throw up excuses like CS:GO stole any chance of us getting back to the old days and I say bullshit on that. Just a few more tweaks (at fomentas or whoever's chance of course) we could get back to the golden age of popularity.

Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:10 am
n00bfest Council

BRICK IM GOING TO PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE

I just all for getting rid of syksy or whatever the F*CK it is.

That map is a good map, it just kills the damn server..
People literally type nextmap in console or ask what it is and as soon as they hear syksy, people start disconnecting!

Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:08 am
Profile YIM
[n00b] Member

i would like some new maps it seems that they keep picking the same maps :/

Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:24 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2