n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 DayZ Server 
[n00b] Member

Post DayZ Server
Just an idea... But considering DayZ is going to be going Standalone soon, you guys could possibly create a server for it? I know it's not free to create servers and I honestly have no idea what the cost is to start and keep up a server, but yeah... Just an idea.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:20 am
Not Worthy of [n00b]

Post Re: DayZ Server
What in the F*CK is a DayZ server?

Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:04 pm
[n00b] Member

When the Game comes out I hope we can get a Server for this going..

Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:41 pm
Spammer Hopeful

dabadguy wrote:
What in the F*CK is a DayZ server?

http://dayzmod.com/?About

Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:05 pm
Profile WWW
n00bfest Elder, Lead Developer

Right now, their servers are all centralized and they're pretty gay/strict about who can host one since they need communicate with the central "hive". If they move to a standalone client (not needing ARMA2) that doesn't necessarily mean they'll be more flexible with who hosts DayZ servers. If they are more flexible through, and if they create a linux dedicated server, we could set one up depending on how many people were interested.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:43 pm
[n00b] Member

why does it have to be a linux dedicated server?
i dont got hate for linux, all my respect to those who use it and push it forward

Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:19 am
Spammer Hopeful

because that's the OS they are using for their dedicated box which is where they would host the DayZ server.

Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:37 am
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

davep wrote:
because that's the OS they are using for their dedicated box which is where they would host the DayZ server.

ohhhhhhh
alright thanks for clearing things up pal

Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:38 am
[n00b] Member

Ma Deuce RMP wrote:
i dont got hate for linux, all my respect to those who use it and push it forward

I know people who run webhosting companies who absolutely refuse to touch Windows Server because compared to Linux, it's a piece of shit.

Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:39 am
[n00b] Member

Kwang! wrote:
Ma Deuce RMP wrote:

I know people who run webhosting companies who absolutely refuse to touch Windows Server because compared to Linux, it's a piece of shit.

then how come most user (us) dont us linux as well? I've read from many tech forums that computers would be better off with Linux, never read a reason why though.
ive heard that its harder to write programs for Linux compared to windows, is that it?

Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:25 am
[n00b] Member

Ma Deuce RMP wrote:
Kwang! wrote:
Ma Deuce RMP wrote:

then how come most user (us) dont us linux as well? I've read from many tech forums that computers would be better off with Linux, never read a reason why though.
ive heard that its harder to write programs for Linux compared to windows, is that it?

It's DEFINITELY NOT harder but what it is, is that Microsoft and Apple pretty much corner the home market. Over 90% of PCs in the entire world came with a version of Windows. That's excluding the database/web hosting companies or the 3D rendering companies. A lot of those companies prefer linux because it's so much more efficient and less encumbering. The hard part about linux is that most distros use a desktop environment (the visual interface) that still requires the use of the command-line terminal. Most people left behind their command-line after Windows 3.1 because Windows 95 negated the need for most people to use DOS commands. Therefore, most people aren't mentally trained to use commands because they just want to point and click.

Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:31 am
[n00b] Member

fomenta wrote:
Right now, their servers are all centralized and they're pretty gay/strict about who can host one since they need communicate with the central "hive". If they move to a standalone client (not needing ARMA2) that doesn't necessarily mean they'll be more flexible with who hosts DayZ servers. If they are more flexible through, and if they create a linux dedicated server, we could set one up depending on how many people were interested.

Dude I am on the same boat I have been wanting to host my own Dayz server with AWS but there is no linux version at all which is F*CKING gay.

Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:16 am
[n00b] Member

I heard they will be moving forward with the development of a standalone DayZ game.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/top ... confirmed/

Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:45 am
Forum Newbie

Well it might be a while before the game is finnished but it would be nice to have a dedicated server. I would definitely play is you guys got one up a running.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:35 am
[n00b] Member

per the server i may or maynot have a friend of a friend with the tools to run this type of server but it would depend on the following hes not gonna wanna run a server thats empty but i may or maynot have this server running stuff free of charge as long as its active....

You are a wolf. You are intelligent and wild. Your spirit runs free with the wind and travels in a close knit pack. Family is one of your main duties in life, even though at times you prefer to be alone. You are silent, hardly seen by man but adored by wild life lovers, everywhere. Patience is the key and you aren't afraid to die with honor.
* "The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for". Bob Marley
honestly' =DiK=: lol I really want sound because it looks like the girl growls as she smacks herself in the face with it

Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:28 am
Profile YIM
[n00b] Member

dazed wrote:
free of charge as long as its active....

We talking about your Vagina?

Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:09 am
[n00b] Member

inthekisser wrote:
dazed wrote:
free of charge as long as its active....

We talking about your Vagina?

unfortunately no im not a cheap ass..... but i do take into consideration experience!! but seriously if we have enought people willing to play this game a decent amount of time i can have a server put up.... i know thanks to inthekisser im addicted to it....

You are a wolf. You are intelligent and wild. Your spirit runs free with the wind and travels in a close knit pack. Family is one of your main duties in life, even though at times you prefer to be alone. You are silent, hardly seen by man but adored by wild life lovers, everywhere. Patience is the key and you aren't afraid to die with honor.
* "The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for". Bob Marley
honestly' =DiK=: lol I really want sound because it looks like the girl growls as she smacks herself in the face with it

Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:06 pm
Profile YIM
[n00b] Member

HAHAHA i love you

Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:22 pm
n00bfest Council

Me, Sandman, his brother, Money, My cousin, Tikimon. We all play it too.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:51 pm
Profile YIM
[n00b] Member

mossyoak wrote:
Me, Sandman, his brother, Money, My cousin, Tikimon. We all play it too.

I play with cornstarch and about 6 other dudes.

Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next