n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:19 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Bringing this up again..... 
Spammer Hopeful

Post Re: Bringing this up again.....
Fird wrote:
davep wrote:
CPTReynolds wrote:
OMG! GIVE IT A F*CKING REST ALREADY! NO FAGGOTY AWPS!

You want an AWP go play somewhere else, you want a challenge you play here. I hope Gman starts forum banning people who won't stop F*CKING crying about faggoty guns.

The AWP is more of a challenge to use then the Scout, also you allow P90's on the server so there really isn't much of a challenge on there.

The Scout has a lot more maneuver ability then the AWP, you move faster then with a knife out. There's only a handful of people that play on the server that will actually not miss using the AWP or Scout, so the Scout is a lot better for the baddies to use cause if they miss they can run away and re-setup to shoot again instead of getting rushed on. Also no-scoping is a joke with the scout unlike with the AWP.

lol no, no way someone scouting will beat someone awping,

You keep thinking that, while you are scoped trying to shoot me with the awp I'll be running around you noscoping you with the scout.

Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:23 pm
Profile WWW
Game Server Admin

Back on topic please...

Not saying the quota system is a bad idea, but we have to have EventScripts and we have to make sure the scripts don't lag the server. The more scripts you have the more lag they create, especially ones that "poll" the server for information on a regular/frequent basis. If you've never written or read (deciphered) a script you may not know what I mean, but it isn't always as simple as "just adding a script" to get the changes you want. These tools like manimod and eventscripts were not made by valve, and they are flawed and limited to some degree. Not to mention all the changes valve has made to source since its release, which has created more flaws.

Keep the ideas and things coming, but I'd ask that the argumentative attitudes that come along with them (on both sides) be curbed in order to keep this forum constructive. I'm not saying don't debate or play devil's advocate; just try not to be a dick.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:17 am
Game Server Admin

CPTReynolds wrote:
OMG! GIVE IT A F*CKING REST ALREADY! NO FAGGOTY AWPS!

You want an AWP go play somewhere else, you want a challenge you play here. I hope Gman starts forum banning people who won't stop F*CKING crying about faggoty guns.

I understand you don't like AWPS. I don't like P90s. The difference being I don't come into threads and bash people using one. I know this will never ever happen on the main which is why I don't ever expect it to happen in a million years, but I suggested it for the secondary because it keeps a pretty low population and it may be something to help stimulate it so we have 2 populated servers going at once. Using the quota system after tryhards like myself, mossy, and kwang use up all we can then the server is back to normal. If it's too harsh and the server dies because of AWPs they are easily removed and there is no harm done.

I personally think running 2 identical servers will make the 2nd one die a slow death. If it has a little variation like reversed rotation and awp quota it might stick around longer than other servers have in the past.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:45 am
Spammer Hopeful

-Purple- wrote:
Back on topic please...

Not saying the quota system is a bad idea, but we have to have EventScripts and we have to make sure the scripts don't lag the server. The more scripts you have the more lag they create, especially ones that "poll" the server for information on a regular/frequent basis. If you've never written or read (deciphered) a script you may not know what I mean, but it isn't always as simple as "just adding a script" to get the changes you want. These tools like manimod and eventscripts were not made by valve, and they are flawed and limited to some degree. Not to mention all the changes valve has made to source since its release, which has created more flaws.

Keep the ideas and things coming, but I'd ask that the argumentative attitudes that come along with them (on both sides) be curbed in order to keep this forum constructive. I'm not saying don't debate or play devil's advocate; just try not to be a dick.

Could you try just limiting awps to 1 person per side and hope the same person doesn't get it all the time, that way you don't have to use the EventScripts and risk making the reg on the server bad. Also can you reverse the map rotation on the secondary.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:55 am
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

davep wrote:
-Purple- wrote:
Back on topic please...

Could you try just limiting awps to 1 person per side and hope the same person doesn't get it all the time, that way you don't have to use the EventScripts and risk making the reg on the server bad. Also can you reverse the map rotation on the secondary.

Technically we are able to limit how many of any weapon is used, if at all. Admins do that on the main all the time by for example, enabling awps for one map or just for warm-up. If done that way however, any admin who came into the server and decided to get rid of awps for the time they're playing (assuming seniority), could just alter the setting as they pleased. So the only way that would work would be if the admin team was given an order to allow the server to operate within the parameters of what ever senior-most admin was in-game at the time and that's kind-of annoying.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:30 am
n00bfest Asshole

AWPS? F*CK No. Period. End of story.

Reversing the rotation? I'm all with you on this one. I hardly ever get to play the maps at the end of the rotation, and that's where my fave maps are.

I hope Tom Brady gets anally raped in Hell.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:15 am
[n00b] Member

In source anyone who can point in the general direction of a player can top frag with an AWP.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:02 am
Profile WWW
Spammer Hopeful

yay wrote:
In source anyone who can point in the general direction of a player can top frag with an AWP.

You are clearly mistaken. I've seen people destroy individuals with all guns and then when they get a hold of the AWP they miss a good amount of times and then get pushed up on and shot.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:30 am
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

davep wrote:
yay wrote:

You are clearly mistaken. I've seen people destroy individuals with all guns and then when they get a hold of the AWP they miss a good amount of times and then get pushed up on and shot.

This. There are top-level players who have won tournaments for tens of thousands of dollars who can't AWP. In fact, most teams of that caliber have people designated as AWPers just because it's a specialized skill.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:18 pm
Game Server Admin

davep wrote:
yay wrote:

This Again. The AWP is by far one of the hardest guns to master. Yeah someone that isnt skilled with it may get 1 or 2 kills in a round then die, but after that round they are broke and cant afford one. The AWP is the slowest gun in the game and it is easily possible to get 2 shots to 1 with a scout against an AWP. 8 out of 10 times when you are facing a rifle with an AWP if you miss your first shot you are dead because they are rushing you and by the time you can scope again they are already in your face with a 30 round clip in your head. I know some of us who are proficient with the gun make it look easy, but if you really take the time to try and use it you will appreciate that it is a learned skill and may not be as easy as you think.

What im suggesting here isn't anything for the main and its not 16k everyone can have AWPs and autos. Its a little spice for the secondary server which most of the people who dont want AWPs probably wont ever touch because its not very populated and they would rather play in the main that is full most of the time. If the idea gets shot down I understand and I am expecting it, but I would like another reason other than "THE AWP IS A HOMOSEXUAL GUN YOU HOMOSEXUAL GUN LOVER" or "F*CK OFF THIS IS N00BFEST" Would like to get an answer why it wouldnt work on our secondary server. Its getting more support from active members in the CSS community than not and if it turns out to be a problem then its easy to remove and put things back to normal. Im being as respectful as I can to the community and do not think that it is an unreasonable request, but the Open Floor Forum does have the subtag in the community "Where suggestions go to die" unless its the addition of a new map.

TLDR: AWP takes more skill than you think. Not suggesting for the main and its not an unreasonable request.

Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:11 pm
n00bfest Council

yay wrote:

Try out awping me then.
Its NOT as easy as it seems. Anyone with an awp can kill a pub player. But try to out AWP someone who is decent or good with it.

Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:07 am
Profile YIM
[n00b] Member

mossyoak wrote:
yay wrote:

Try out awping me then.
Its NOT as easy as it seems. Anyone with an awp can kill a pub player. But try to out AWP someone who is decent or good with it.

One of my favorite things to do on pubs that allow awps is to not use an awp because I know the other guy sucks with it. Then while we're playing d2 and they're on T and I'm on CT, I'll run out the double doors and double dink them in the head before they can hit me. Then they call me a cheater, because I'll do it like 4 times.

Actually, there are [n00b] members who have had the pleasure of experiencing this 1v1 on the scrim server, because they can't awp. They don't think I cheat, but that's only because the possibility is pretty low.

Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:29 am
[n00b] Member

I support this idea, least on the secondary server. Not autos just a couple awps. I can understand people's hate for awps but its on the secondary server, and it would boost the overal population in my opinion

Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:41 am
[n00b] Member

So what you guys are saying is shottyfest rules all?

I agree completely!!!

Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:38 pm
n00bfest Council

Tazzaler wrote:
So what you guys are saying is shottyfest rules all?

I agree completely!!!

YARRRRR!

Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:56 pm
Profile YIM
[n00b] Member

AWPs are for try hards. Wana try hard, save it for scarms.

Also ban the p90 :D

Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:20 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

This is n00bfest, so I predict no AWPs in the future. Why? Because most people are too scrubby to handle playing with them, since n00bfest is a community and not a clan based on skill. They suck to bad to have fun playing with them. I guess they take dying too personally. They don't realize that you should be able to learn something almost every time you get killed. Every death is a learning opportunity and a chance to get better. 98% of the time you die, it's your fault. So figure out what you fucked up and learn from it. You don't have to be good or a "try hard" to have fun playing CS, but generally people get more enjoyment out of something they're good at, so why not try to improve your game? Although for some people, CS will have to be like Golf or sex, you don't have to be good at it to enjoy it, just don't diminish the game and fun for others because you can't handle it. You wanna play basketball with a girls height hoop? Or are you a man? If you have a penis and want to tee off from the women's tee, I won't judge. Just know you're not playing at the standard level, not that's there's anything wrong with that. Some people need handicaps.

That being said, I'm in favor of AWPs because it's part of the game. They are also expensive, so it's not like you can buy one immediately. However, "pure" CS doesn't have bounties, and shit like that for extra money, so usually, it's more difficult to get an AWP than it would be now. If you're on the losing team, you have to wait at least 2 full rounds of full-save to afford one. The thing about AWPs that most people don't realize, is that it adds a balance to the game. When 1 team is getting rolled on, I can get an AWP and get enough kills (sometimes) for a comeback of that losing team. The AWP is the only gun that you can easily get multiple kills, which is a necessity when you have to carry your team. The AWP isn't OP either cuz you are at a disadvantage at close range, which means you must be proficient with the Deagle. Also, an AWPer is easily taken out buy another AWPer. Let's not forget about flashes, smokes, and nades either. Or, you know, F*CKING teamwork, God forbid.

People can talk shit about AWPs all they want, but it's very obvious that the people who hate AWPs hate them cuz they suck with it and get killed all the time buy them cuz they suck. It's called cover, and watching your lanes. If you don't know what "watching your lanes" means, then you suck at CS.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

"It is better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!" - Emiliano Zapata

Owning nubs in CS since the betas.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:53 pm
[n00b] Member

Natural Stoner wrote:
This is n00bfest, so I predict no AWPs in the future. Why? Because most people are too scrubby to handle playing with them, since n00bfest is a community and not a clan based on skill. They suck to bad to have fun playing with them. I guess they take dying too personally. They don't realize that you should be able to learn something almost every time you get killed. Every death is a learning opportunity and a chance to get better. 98% of the time you die, it's your fault. So figure out what you fucked up and learn from it. You don't have to be good or a "try hard" to have fun playing CS, but generally people get more enjoyment out of something they're good at, so why not try to improve your game? Although for some people, CS will have to be like Golf or sex, you don't have to be good at it to enjoy it, just don't diminish the game and fun for others because you can't handle it. You wanna play basketball with a girls height hoop? Or are you a man? If you have a penis and want to tee off from the women's tee, I won't judge. Just know you're not playing at the standard level, not that's there's anything wrong with that. Some people need handicaps.

That being said, I'm in favor of AWPs because it's part of the game. They are also expensive, so it's not like you can buy one immediately. However, "pure" CS doesn't have bounties, and shit like that for extra money, so usually, it's more difficult to get an AWP than it would be now. If you're on the losing team, you have to wait at least 2 full rounds of full-save to afford one. The thing about AWPs that most people don't realize, is that it adds a balance to the game. When 1 team is getting rolled on, I can get an AWP and get enough kills (sometimes) for a comeback of that losing team. The AWP is the only gun that you can easily get multiple kills, which is a necessity when you have to carry your team. The AWP isn't OP either cuz you are at a disadvantage at close range, which means you must be proficient with the Deagle. Also, an AWPer is easily taken out buy another AWPer. Let's not forget about flashes, smokes, and nades either. Or, you know, F*CKING teamwork, God forbid.

People can talk shit about AWPs all they want, but it's very obvious that the people who hate AWPs hate them cuz they suck with it and get killed all the time buy them cuz they suck. It's called cover, and watching your lanes. If you don't know what "watching your lanes" means, then you suck at CS.

So what you're saying is shottyfest? Good, awsome, we are in agreement bring on the shottyfest!

Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:21 pm
n00bfest Council

First, This thread is from august.
Good Job Yay and Natural.

Second, Shottyfest.

Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:44 pm
Profile YIM
Game Server Admin

Let it die........just let it die!

Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:21 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next