n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Server 
[n00b] Member

Post Server
I'm not trying to get Flamed here or start a big drama thread I just wanting to know about the server we have. I see a few post talking about Reg and upping the slots to 32 to man. I don't know much about the Server boxes that run the games but are all servers this bad on Reg? If not how hard would it be to change up and get a better box or new company? I mean I wouldn't mind pitching in every single month to get a better server and I'm sure we could handle the income for it also. I mean there has got to be something we can do about it

Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:29 pm
[n00b] Member

Post Re: Server
elders@noobfest.com

That is all.

Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:39 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

link doesn't work :P

Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:44 pm
n00bfest Council

thats because its an email :)

Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:48 pm
Profile YIM
[n00b] Member

mossyoak wrote:
thats because its an email :)

No comment

Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:48 pm
Game Server Admin

except n00bfest.com is spelled wrong.

Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:39 am
Spammer Hopeful

what is the $300 that is donated every month used for? you can get a rented server for about $30 a month from NFO that has way better reg then the main server

they put multiple servers on one box so if that $300 is going towards one dedicated box that's hosting just the main server, web site and minecraft(?) then something is wrong.

Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:46 am
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

davep wrote:
what is the $300 that is donated every month used for? you can get a rented server for about $30 a month from NFO that has way better reg then the main server

they put multiple servers on one box so if that $300 is going towards one dedicated box that's hosting just the main server, web site and minecraft(?) then something is wrong.

This ^

Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:07 am
[n00b] Member

davep wrote:

To be frank davep, I don't see your name on the donators list nor are you a member of this community. So the money goes to a nice little place called none of your F*CKING business.

As for kisser, you can look in our members section and Gman has more than once opened the books and explained where all the money goes.

Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:26 am
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

-Purple- wrote:

this should be a week ban

acid_rain wrote:
I am not going to explain my reasoning for anything, because I simply don't have to.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:32 pm
Profile YIM
[n00b] Member

-Purple- wrote:

What's bad is I copy and pasted that from somewhere on this site and can't find where I copied it from.

And Crzyninja can suck my dick ♥

Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:59 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

Goodkat wrote:
-Purple- wrote:

What's bad is I copy and pasted that from somewhere on this site and can't find where I copied it from.

And Crzyninja can suck my dick ♥

Time and place baby girl

acid_rain wrote:
I am not going to explain my reasoning for anything, because I simply don't have to.

Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:11 pm
Profile YIM
Spammer Hopeful

Goodkat wrote:
davep wrote:

To be frank davep, I don't see your name on the donators list nor are you a member of this community. So the money goes to a nice little place called none of your F*CKING business.

As for kisser, you can look in our members section and Gman has more than once opened the books and explained where all the money goes.

haven't donated because don't see any benefits for doing it, same goes with being a member. I would though if there were visible benefits.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:51 pm
Profile WWW
[HNIC] Stзamroller ω

davep wrote:
Goodkat wrote:
davep wrote:

haven't donated because don't see any benefits for doing it, same goes with being a member. I would though if there were visible benefits.

Benefits include me taking you seriously. That's a pretty serious benefit, right there.

I'll humor you, though.

What we get for the money is a website, ventrilo, and a dedicated server that we use to run whatever the hell we want. Right now, it hosts a mumble server, three CS:S servers with SourceTV on two of them and a Minecraft server. Could we host the same gameservers through gameservers.com cheaper? Yeah. Would we have the level of flexibility and control over them that we currently have? No. Would we be able to run several auditing/management tools that we run without a dedicated server (like the scrim panels we have which allow any n00b member to have full control of our scrim servers without them having rcon access)? No. Would we be able to have any control over the performance of the gameservers? No. Would we have the ability to pick up almost any game we want and run a server instance of it for free? No.

Does it cost more than it could otherwise? Sure. Is the extra money we spend worth the added benefits? Absolutely.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
-- Hunter S Thompson

Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:29 am
Profile WWW
Spammer Hopeful

Makes sense, thanks for the reply. Has reducing the amount of public slots to 24 with 4 reserved slots for n00b members ever been suggested? I heard reducing the server slots from 32 to 28 greatly increased the reg so reducing it again would make it even better and also have those 4 reserved slots would allow for n00bs to get in and get rid of the people sitting in spec since that has been a huge issue lately (no n00bs on to get rid of them and server completely full so they can't join).

Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:47 am
Profile WWW
[HNIC] Stзamroller ω

davep wrote:
Makes sense, thanks for the reply. Has reducing the amount of public slots to 24 with 4 reserved slots for n00b members ever been suggested? I heard reducing the server slots from 32 to 28 greatly increased the reg so reducing it again would make it even better and also have those 4 reserved slots would allow for n00bs to get in and get rid of the people sitting in spec since that has been a huge issue lately (no n00bs on to get rid of them and server completely full so they can't join).

As a general principle, I don't like the idea of reserved slots. Maintaining a roster of active n00b members would be such a headache that it wouldn't be worth the effort. Besides, there are almost always 4 n00b members in the server (whether they're tagged up or not is a different story) when it's full anyway, so it would be largely useless to configure reserved slots anyway.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
-- Hunter S Thompson

Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:53 am
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

For all the money I've donated just so you know dave, was never for personal gain or benefit this place is home and these people are family well some of you.... that is why people donate this is not a clan after being here for this long it doesn't even feel like a community feels like family. ok nuff mushy shit F*CK you all

acid_rain wrote:

Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:27 pm
Profile YIM
[n00b] Member

Crzyninja wrote:
For all the money I've donated just so you know dave, was never for personal gain or benefit this place is home and these people are family well some of you.... that is why people donate this is not a clan after being here for this long it doesn't even feel like a community feels like family. ok nuff mushy shit F*CK you all

Not me, I donate because then I get blowjobs. I mean if I donate I give myself a blowjob for being a good sport.

F*CK, no, that's wrong. What I mean is if you give me a blowjob and donate money to n00bfest, we'll take you seriously.

Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:30 am
[n00b] Member

Gman wrote:
What we get for the money is a website, ventrilo, and a dedicated server that we use to run whatever the hell we want. Right now, it hosts a mumble server, three CS:S servers with SourceTV on two of them and a Minecraft server. Could we host the same gameservers through gameservers.com cheaper? Yeah. Would we have the level of flexibility and control over them that we currently have? No. Would we be able to run several auditing/management tools that we run without a dedicated server (like the scrim panels we have which allow any n00b member to have full control of our scrim servers without them having rcon access)? No. Would we be able to have any control over the performance of the gameservers? No. Would we have the ability to pick up almost any game we want and run a server instance of it for free? No.

Does it cost more than it could otherwise? Sure. Is the extra money we spend worth the added benefits? Absolutely.

No what i was wondering Adam was the layout of our Dedicated Box, I mean like ive seen some more than other thats all I was asking about, if we got a higher priced box would it run the servers better for Reg. all i was trying to find out.

Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:38 pm
[HNIC] Stзamroller ω

inthekisser wrote:
Gman wrote:

No what i was wondering Adam was the layout of our Dedicated Box, I mean like ive seen some more than other thats all I was asking about, if we got a higher priced box would it run the servers better for Reg. all i was trying to find out.

It would, yeah, but it'd require some serious migration and leg-work on mine and fomenta's behalf. It'd be a F*CKING total nightmare, AND we'd either have to deal with a couple days of downtime (which would suck ass) or we'd have to change IP addresses (which would be even shittier).

-- Hunter S Thompson

Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:35 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next