n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Green as hell to WoW plz help ;~; 
[n00b] Member

Post Green as hell to WoW plz help ;~;
alright so I had an urge to play WoW for some reason, mind you im still green as hell to MMOs and I don't know jack shit about them.
finally got to 55 because I wanted to make a cool DK (Blood/unholy)
I rolled with a paladin (yeah I know paladin) and got use to that but I feel still new as F*CK to many things about the game
I still don't understand the rune system for the DK, understood paladin's, raise the holy bar till i can use Templar's Verdict and if consecration (probably butchered that) comes up hit it and keep building the holy bar for TV.
So with this still being my first MMO and all I have a shit ton of questions cause I wanna be the very best that no one eva wass
so anybody that I can pm for questions/tips/advice/help?
also the link in the WoW Guide Sticky doesn't work but I'm sure you guys know that.
oh I'm on Baelgun too, saw a thread that someone put up that they are starting a new on there.

Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:44 pm
[n00b] Member

Post Re: Green as hell to WoW plz help ;~;
Paladins are BA when you learn em. DK I cant help ya with sir, never got into them enough to lvl em over 62. www.noxxic.com is a great place to learn classes and rotations. askmrrobot.com is a good place to also figure shit out. Holler at me on steam brotha, you know I am down to help ya with whatever.

Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:59 pm
[n00b] Member

MiNioN wrote:
Paladins are BA when you learn em. DK I cant help ya with sir, never got into them enough to lvl em over 62. http://www.noxxic.com is a great place to learn classes and rotations. askmrrobot.com is a good place to also figure shit out. Holler at me on steam brotha, you know I am down to help ya with whatever.

thanks man, I've been looking up abunch of guides and shit and I've landed on noxxic a few times, good site
Been using that and Elitist Jerks but hey im all ears if someone else would like to help me on DKs

Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:14 pm
Game Server Admin

Blood DKs are dirty tanks. They consistently heal themselves while putting out moderately large DPS and blood presence makes Aggro extremely easy. It plays very much the same as affliction Locks, keep your Dots up at all times. I haven't played in months so my expertise has dwindled but i can try and help if you have questions. I played unholy through wrath and move to Blood early Cata but never tanked a raid. I got too bored before that could happen. I can however solo molten core and a few other pre wrath raids with my DK.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:35 am
[n00b] Member

cybrslsh wrote:
Blood DKs are dirty tanks. They consistently heal themselves while putting out moderately large DPS and blood presence makes Aggro extremely easy. It plays very much the same as affliction Locks, keep your Dots up at all times. I haven't played in months so my expertise has dwindled but i can try and help if you have questions. I played unholy through wrath and move to Blood early Cata but never tanked a raid. I got too bored before that could happen. I can however solo molten core and a few other pre wrath raids with my DK.

hmm alright thanks man
btw just a question to all
what are 'raids' are they like dungeons but bigger?
They sound fun

Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:19 pm
n00bfest Ancient, Senior Admin

Raids are bigger and take longer than a dungeon. I find raids much funner. Dungeons aren't that long, but pends on the group and how well geared the group is and if they know the mechanics. If the group is sloppy and don't know wtf to do, then it will take a good while to get it done. Elitist Jerks really is not that well now. Use to go there to read what is what for the classes (stats, enchants, gems, etc.). Noxxic.com is the way to go. I've been playing this game since pre-BC. I am another guy that can help out if needed.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:21 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

Raids are what the game really revolves around when it comes to the story line. Raids are awesome cause it takes actual coordination from the party as a whole as opposed to tank and spank everything at once. Especially for you lvlin up everyone has heirloom gear til 80 or 85 and that make em OP while lvling faster. Add my account to your friends list, FallofAzeroth@yahoo.com then you can msg me anytime im on and youre on. that goes for anyone that plays wow.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:58 pm
n00bfest Council

http://www.mmo-champion.com/forum.php

Read those forums. They usually have alot of good guides and good questions that get great responses. The game is complicated yes but its not hard to get into. Watch videos on youtube for PVE as people will usually post up guides on there.

Elitistjerks.com is more for theory crafting than anything. Noxxic is good but its not completely indepth. Go to the forums I linked and look around. Also jump on the main wow forums themselves and look around.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/118 ... ia-Edition

READ THIS COMPLETELY.

Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:52 pm
[n00b] Member

BulletCatcher wrote:
Raids are bigger and take longer than a dungeon. I find raids much funner. Dungeons aren't that long, but pends on the group and how well geared the group is and if they know the mechanics. If the group is sloppy and don't know wtf to do, then it will take a good while to get it done. Elitist Jerks really is not that well now. Use to go there to read what is what for the classes (stats, enchants, gems, etc.). Noxxic.com is the way to go. I've been playing this game since pre-BC. I am another guy that can help out if needed.

thanks man, I'll keep it in mind, was using EJ a lot and did not understand jack-diddly. Minion recommended noxxic.com as well so F*CK it apparently everyone likes it
MiNioN wrote:
Raids are what the game really revolves around when it comes to the story line. Raids are awesome cause it takes actual coordination from the party as a whole as opposed to tank and spank everything at once. Especially for you lvlin up everyone has heirloom gear til 80 or 85 and that make em OP while lvling faster. Add my account to your friends list, FallofAzeroth@yahoo.com then you can msg me anytime im on and youre on. that goes for anyone that plays wow.

Raids progress the story then? I've just been doing pvp/dungeons to level up and well that shit is a lot funner then questing imo.
think I added you, Brain right?

And to Reily
alright I'm already into the last link you told me to read completely. Checking out the forums after I finish this one, so far it is extremely informative man. Shit so far your are one of the most helpful members man. Thanks Reily, appreciate man.

Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]