n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Instances 
n00bfest Retired Ancient, Senior Admin

Post Instances
I have thought of how I would like to handle rolling on items for instances. I also would like some input from the rest of you on the best way to handle this.

All persons in the group will have 1 need roll. You will not be able to need roll more than once without consent of the rest of the party members.

on greed rolls you may greed roll until you win a item, at that time you may not greed roll again until everyone in the group on that run has won an item. I believe this will cut down on the instance runs were you walk away with nothing.

As we have more members and move into the major instances we will have to institute some type of DKP system. Where you will have to gain so many points before you are allowed to roll, but that will happen in the future not right now.

Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:28 am
European Ambassador

Someone figure how I can join US servers aswell, and I will come and play with you guys :)

Yeah, all greed until one win the item and pass if there drop more of the same items.

In instances where there drops set items, it should be like
1 set item and 1 blue item per run.

major instances like MC? ;D

Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:51 pm
[n00b] Member

what instances are you guys doing??? in my guild we're all pretty mature about it so if someone needs something we give it to them and only those who need it roll on it... works well with us but most of us are 21yo+... ZG and higher you need DKP though... DKP is a pretty good system...

one thing to be careful of is if you use the honor system like my guild new guys have a chance to get a lot of gear and then they leave... its really gay its only happened a few times but still very aggravating...

Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:08 pm
n00bfest Retired Ancient, Senior Admin

Post yea
We will have to use a DKP system as well when you fags all decide to join Ner'zhul and become a noob guildee.

Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:52 am
Forum Newbie

On my server we got a rule in pickup grps for like instance between 1-59 that we can have 1blue and 1 set item ;) Stupid rule...:D

In my guild, are we using ROLL in 20men instance , and ZG and AQ20 coins in trashmob on Free For All loot..

We are using dkp in MC / BWL / AQ40 and Naxxramas... 1dkp pr raid... 1dkp for all drops in MC .. execpt tier2 leggings in Ragnaros.. All loots in bwl are 3-6 dkp.. ect class bracer is 3.. and class robe are 6.. ;)

Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:33 am
[n00b] Member

It's depends, not depents u dumb "insert vulgar language and gesture".

Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:33 pm
Profile YIM
[n00b] Member

uhh i was kicked out of the guild is it gone .. if so i woul dlike 2 start it back up if possible

Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:58 pm
[n00b] Member

Need if you're going to use it right away or within next few hours.

Greed if you're intending on selling, disenchanting or giving it away to your alts/friends.

The most common problem will be the off spec classes such as Priest, Warrior, Shaman, Druid, Paladin since they can dps, heal and tank.(You get the point). They greed roll for it unless it their main spec and they're in different spec to play certain role in that instance aka tankadin's a healdin for few days to collect some badges, gears, etc.

Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:39 pm
[n00b] Member

Random post on my part, any thoughts on creating a death knight? or should i stick with my warlock? what would be better for Instances?

Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:52 am
European Ambassador

DK, is pretty cool for everything. But imo. everyone has a DK, so stick with the warlock, since its much more fun to play that class.. .. Imo!

Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:54 pm
[n00b] Member

the guild that I'm in right now has a pretty good solution. Not only for the fairness aspect, but to make things move a little faster.

1 need main spec unlimited greed main spec then free roll whoever wants it.

If the item is BOE , and it goes to freeroll it gets put in the guild bank or gets disenchanted.

Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:54 am
Supreme Spammer

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:54 am

:P

Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:43 pm
Profile WWW
Seasoned Buttplug

Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:42 pm
[n00b] Member

God this thread is old... lol

I find it funny that someone that has only 130 something posts takes the time to troll the forums to make a useless post about how old a thread is....besides if you scroll up even futher some of these posts are made 5 months apart.

Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:12 pm
Seasoned Buttplug

ItBurns wrote:
God this thread is old... lol

I find it funny that someone that has only 130 something posts takes the time to troll the forums to make a useless post about how old a thread is....besides if you scroll up even futher some of these posts are made 5 months apart.

Actually... This is a new forum name cause my other name got fucked up... but thanks for asking... And i dont troll.... I play wow AFRICAN AMERICAN.. So when someone comes and and posts i like to look to see whats new.

Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:32 pm
Lazer Jesus

If you're in the raid or dungeon and can use the item, do a /roll and let Master Looter give it to the highest roll.

And by use I mean need it before want it.

Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]