n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Feed The Beast Modpack Update 
n00bfest Elder, Lead Developer

Post Feed The Beast Modpack Update
Important Notes:
  • IN THE FUTURE, DO NOT UPDATE YOUR CLIENT unless you see a post here telling you to. Last night's outtage was caused because we rushed to update the server for people who updated their client and couldn't join an out-dated server. In the future, we'll be trying to fully test modpack updates before pushing them to live. So if you update before Deadman tells you to, you're out of luck (Good news: there is apparently a rollback system in the FTB launcher. But just don't update before being told to and you'll be fine.)
  • We've had to remove TeleportPipes because it caused issues with the updated modpack. I removed all teleport pipes from the world. If you had a teleport pipe that was connected to a running quary, I also broke the quarry to prevent it from just spewing blocks and placed one near-by.*
  • Please don't build Rotary Macerators. There is currently a bug with how AdvancedMachines interfaces with the updated IC2 API that causes a ton of console spam and server instability. I've gone through and removed all Rotary Macerators from the world. I placed an Advanced Machine nearby for your future crafting needs.

* If this was you, and breaking it causes it to break into a machine block let me know and I'll hook you up with a brand new one directly.

More details:
The servers are now running Mindcrack 1.7 -- make sure to update your clients when prompted.

You may need to re-apply the configuration changes to your local configs. Here's the link from Deadman.

It's possible the AdvancedMachines bug affects more than just the Rotary Macerators, but so far thats all we've seen. If more blocks get blacklisted I'll make a post.

While EnderStorage is a good alternative to teleporting blocks and items, there's aren't any straightforward alternatives to teleporting fuel, water or power.

You might consider bucketing fuel, lava and water and teleporting the filled buckets (or IC2 cells), but teleporting power gets pretty awkward.

Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]