n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Mod Server Discussion 
[n00b] Member

Post Mod Server Discussion
So obviously we're going to have a modded server as soon as everything is all updated for mods, but I'd like to hear from some people about other things we might want to look into including. For the time being, we will have the same mods as before, that being buildcraft, industrialcraft, forestry and redpower. Over the next couple weeks or however long it takes for mods to get updated, everyone that's interested in playing on the modded server should find more mods that they think could add a little more excitement to the server and post about them here. If any are actually viable and don't have any conflicts, we just might add them on, depending on the mod.

Also, in regards to piping with buildcraft and redpower. For the sake of not lagging the server out as much, when we are making our contraptions, try to use as little buildcraft piping as you can. Obviously there's times where it cannot be avoided, but the redpower piping is a lot more efficient and doesn't lead to overflow problems. Good example of this would be items spilling out from a pipe that comes from a quarry. Left unattended, a lot of lag could occur from the massive amount of items just sitting there. Redpower has built-in features that evenly distribute items when there are multiple chests to fill, so you have less of a chance of this sort of thing happening. There's many other cases where opinions could vary on whether or not redpower or buildcraft is better, but since there usually is a SHIT TON of piping, try to use redpower pipes whenever possible instead of buildcraft ones when we get this shit goin.

~Dead

Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:42 am
[n00b] Member

Post Re: Mod Server Discussion
Dead Man wrote:
Good example of this would be items spilling out from a pipe that comes from a quarry. Left unattended, a lot of lag could occur from the massive amount of items just sitting there.

>_> i have no idea what youre talking about!

<_<

Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:42 am
Forum Newbie

What about Mo' creatures, rei's minimap, armor stand and shelving mod's?

Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:09 pm
[n00b] Member

Chris Hanson wrote:
Dead Man wrote:
Good example of this would be items spilling out from a pipe that comes from a quarry. Left unattended, a lot of lag could occur from the massive amount of items just sitting there.

>_> i have no idea what youre talking about!

<_<

Yeah, you totally didn't put teleport pipes together which caused an overflow that lagged out the server so bad nobody could play on it. >.>
Creepy Caveman wrote:

I've seen mo' creatures, it's pretty cool. Might consider doing that one. Rei's minimap is optional for everyone since it's a client-side only mod, but obviously I can toss this in with the client-side mods if people want it. As for shelving and armor stand, I might put up a vote for those 2 seeing as they are merely aesthetics from what I gather.

Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:51 pm
[n00b] Member

oh yah and we should make some standing rules like no using nukes randomly in the middle of the ground or ocean and creating gigantic eyesores. I've seen them used to hollow out the inside of mountains effectiively and thats another thing, but planting four next to each other and blowing the hell out of the landscape is terribly annoying when you're walking past a gigantic crater.

Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:33 pm
Forum Newbie

Creepy Caveman wrote:

I second the Mo' Creatures and shelving. I want a unicorn. ♥

Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:31 pm
[HNIC] Stзamroller ω

I'm OK with what we had before -- RedPower, BuildCraft, IndustrialCraft, Forestry, and the AdditionalPipes plugin (if the teleport pipes haven't been added to the main BuildCraft package).

I'd also like to see a Tekkit server that had Tekkit + Forestry or something. Honestly, EE isn't that OP until much later in the game as far as the whole "something from nothing" shit goes. With quarries + recyclers + mass fabricators, you can make diamonds pretty steadily late in the game. Shit, I was making diamonds pretty much nonstop w/ my quarried coal/flint/obsidian last mod-server. I made about 20 a day at the peak.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
-- Hunter S Thompson

Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:16 pm
Profile WWW
n00bfest Elder, Senior Admin

I enjoyed the last modded server we had. Was alot of fun.

strangelegend@n00bfest.com

Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:30 am
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

Gman wrote:
I'm OK with what we had before -- RedPower, BuildCraft, IndustrialCraft, Forestry, and the AdditionalPipes plugin (if the teleport pipes haven't been added to the main BuildCraft package).

I'd also like to see a Tekkit server that had Tekkit + Forestry or something. Honestly, EE isn't that OP until much later in the game as far as the whole "something from nothing" shit goes. With quarries + recyclers + mass fabricators, you can make diamonds pretty steadily late in the game. Shit, I was making diamonds pretty much nonstop w/ my quarried coal/flint/obsidian last mod-server. I made about 20 a day at the peak.

I could see doing some of these, but I still don't know about EE, and a couple of these other mods seem like too much or not worth it. Obviously we can look further into this and determine what we will use and what we won't, and I'm sure they don't all have to be included when installing from this pack. We'll also have to check with other mods we look into to make sure there are no conflicts.

Mine & Blade Battlegear is a mod I found last night which is very similar to the Balkon's weapons mod, though this includes shields, armor with crests and banners that have similar crests. Not sure if these would conflict at all, but I'd like to see both of them on the server.

EDIT: There is a conflict with some of the mods in regards to the Forestry mod, which USED to be included with the Tekkit Pack. For this reason it was removed from the pack. Not sure if it will be made compatible again or not.

Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:01 pm
Forum Newbie

This may not be the best place to ask this but is there any plans to have a n00bfest texture pack?

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:57 pm
[n00b] Member

i attempted and could tailor a better version with input !

TheBosman wrote:
This is home . Done and done .

Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:02 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

ResinCactus wrote:
i attempted and could tailor a better version with input !

By better, he means worse. By tailor, he means LOOK AT ME, I'M A HOMOSEXUAL! By input, he means PENIS!

Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:18 am
n00bfest Council

I can't wait for this!!! :D My bro and i have been waiting on this for awhile... anybody want to get in on a livestream or a let's play?

Also, I liked our old modded server too. What Gman said basically those ones he's listed I've honeslty played single player with those and set up a like 3 part house of everything I needed.

Looking for a roommate?

Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:14 pm
One-Eyed Elder, Senior Admin

Look, I'm good with any mods as long as I don't have to DL anything. Last time I had shit luck with this. Ok, I'm just dumb and couldn't get them installed right. So, nothing where we have to DL shit and I'm good. I've been playing on different servers because I couldn't play on n00bfest.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:57 am
Profile YIM
[n00b] Member

There's going to be downloading involved with mods. Bukkit and the plugins were a lot different, although if they ever FINALLY F*CKING FINISH the plugin stuff they were talking about, vanilla minecraft will work about the same. ANYWAYS, the unmodded server will still be in place when the modded is up, so if you have any issues you can still play on that. Just like I did before, although I'm not sure if you did this or not, anyone that needs help with getting the mods working when we have them can talk to me and I will to the best of my abilities help figure out the issue should there be one. I tried to make things easier with instructions and scripts that'd put things in place last time, but sometimes that just makes issues worse when it's meant to help, lol. But yeah, I'd be willing to talk you through setting stuff up this next go around if you need my help.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]