n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Blue Screen 
Game Server Admin

Post Blue Screen
I was playing multiplayer yesterday and when the game was over i hit escape to exit the game and i got a blue screen i restarted my computer in safe mode then i restarted it again normally and it was fine i did a full system scan to see if i had any viruses nothing showed up has anybody ever had this happen before?

Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:48 am
Game Server Admin

Post Re: Blue Screen
Random BSOD are just that, random. It could be a memory error or an overheating issue or a million other things. If it happens again, get as much information as possible, but its possible that it wont happen again.

Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:33 am
[n00b] Member

BSOD's are 99% hardware failure related. Overheats usually cause lockups or hard shutdowns, so this one is probably memory related or another component. If it happens alot try removing cards and shutting off devices you don't need until it stops. You can also run this Microsoft utility to test your memory:

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:28 am
Forum Newbie

It's it quite a big client.Depending on players and map when you windows out it will have problems reloading the client as it is already moving fast..our CPU trying to repull the window can rarely (in your case) crash the Win64/32.bin causing the entire computer the crash..Also more likely if you have many other things opened..

This is how it happened to me.I had 3 clients open (guess i forgot)...Starcraft 2,Lineage2 and Battlefield 3.Starcraft 2 and Lineage 2 are fairly big clients.i also had like 20 tabs open in google chrome.i windowed because of a notification.i tryed to pull battlefield 3 up.Black screen..Task manager..End Process..Lost all win7 toolbar at bottom and icons..did some crazy system checks in blue screen,then rebooted.

If you did anything like this, this may have caused it.Also depends on Quality (video card,motherboard,etc.),age,how u treat it,virus,and downloading a bunch of crap can clog your computer.i recommend getting a defragger, deleting stuff wont do you anything now.

If you had your computer running for a long time it may have slightly overheated,your motherboard will usually crash a this point.

Also i recommend not using the button to shut down your computer.do it manually through start button.

This is likely your hardware,if you have a desktop i would recommend looking into some new parts.

Wasting Memory can slow your computer,but deleting it does almost nothing.

Just remember some of this stuff to avoid a Blue Screen Of Death on your current computer or any others.

Also Check if your drivers are up to date just to be safe :)

Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:24 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]