n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Anyone else use Nostromo+Naga (Epic) combo? 
Forum Newbie

Post Anyone else use Nostromo+Naga (Epic) combo?
I got this set up back in the days of WoW, few months ago and i have yet to find a game where it doesn't greatly improve my game play. For those of you to lazy to Google the Nostromo is a game pad by razer with 20 something buttons all of which are bindable.

Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:42 pm
[n00b] Member

Post Re: Anyone else use Nostromo+Naga (Epic) combo?
i have it, i play LoL css and pretty much any other game in the world, with lol the arrow keys are amazing! looking around the map while i click for last hits, though mine is from the company that had it b4 RAZORFAGS bought it. blekin i think, either way its great man!

the nostromo i want the naga though ♥

TheBosman wrote:
This is home . Done and done .

Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:41 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

I use the same, but I use the original Nostromo back when it was the Belkin n52te

Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:48 pm
[n00b] Member

Tazzaler wrote:
I use the same, but I use the original Nostromo back when it was the Belkin n52te

aww yeah my 08 13 and 14 are almost completely rubbed off

TheBosman wrote:
This is home . Done and done .

Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:51 am
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

ResinCactus wrote:
Tazzaler wrote:

aww yeah my 08 13 and 14 are almost completely rubbed off

My 08 is gone, and my 7,9, and 3 are showing wear and tear. the only thing left from the Belkin logo where the hand goes is the I and N

Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:09 am
n00bfest Elder, Lead Developer

I have the Naga and gotta say that I really only use two of the 12 buttons on the side. 2 for Front and 5 for Back.

Maybe if you're a baddie, I could see it improving your game though. :-)

Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:28 pm
n00bfest Ancient, Senior Admin

Rok use keyboard.
Rok click mouse.

uppity fancy "gaming device" havin niggas.

I also find it funny tazz can hold onto the belkin thingy but breaks the styleophone within a month. Fail.

Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:51 pm
Profile YIM
[n00b] Member

@Fomenty, for FPS it's nice to use it to quick switch weapons that use the 1-9 layout like CS and most FPSs, I also use 11 and 12 for my browsing forward and back

@Rok F*CK you AFRICAN AMERICAN, these are made a bit better than my 20 dollar musical instrument extravaganza.

Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:06 pm
n00bfest Elder, Lead Developer

Do you find yourself actually using them though? Like, I bound flash and he grenade to forward and back with my last mouse, but I really don't see myself even thinking about using the other ones.

And isn't 10-12 too far back on the mouse to use? I guess I hold the mouse like pretty balls deep with the top of my fingertips barely over the top edge of the mouse. If you didn't I can see 10-12 being used.

EDIT: Also, I believe in division of labor, one hand aims and clicks, the other does everything else. Maybe, maybe if there was a key I had to press that was far away from the rest of the keys I had to press, I could see myself using a bound mouse button, but I'd probably sooner rebind the key to a closer key.

I mean, you could play all of CS with one hand and the naga mouse, but what would you do with the other (that Tiki's mom doesn't already do with much less hassle)?

(Also, its funny cause Tiki will never read this unless someone links him)

Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:02 pm
[n00b] Member

fomenta wrote:
Do you find yourself actually using them though? Like, I bound flash and he grenade to forward and back with my last mouse, but I really don't see myself even thinking about using the other ones.

And isn't 10-12 too far back on the mouse to use? I guess I hold the mouse like pretty balls deep with the top of my fingertips barely over the top edge of the mouse. If you didn't I can see 10-12 being used.

EDIT: Also, I believe in division of labor, one hand aims and clicks, the other does everything else. Maybe, maybe if there was a key I had to press that was far away from the rest of the keys I had to press, I could see myself using a bound mouse button, but I'd probably sooner rebind the key to a closer key.

I mean, you could play all of CS with one hand and the naga mouse, but what would you do with the other (that Tiki's mom doesn't already do with much less hassle)?

(Also, its funny cause Tiki will never read this unless someone links him)

I use them quite a bit actually for all the FPS's I play. For example in BF3 I can quick switch between weapon, rocket, and knife very quick (1, 3, and 6 respectfully). I tend to switch my shit often (I'm F*CKING hyperactive like that, the only games that I tend to simmer down on are S.T.A.L.K.E.R. , Fallout, and Skyrim) so they get a lot of use.

As for my back and forward config, I guess it's sad to admit this; but I have a womanly hand, long fingers on a average size palm. So when my back and forward it's just a twitch of my thumb. For reference, my thumb sits on the first vertical column of numbers (1,4,7,10) and the middle the main pad of my thumb sides directly center on the number one if that gives you a visualization on how it works out for me.

My left hand does all the WSAD work and any variously keys ether on my keyboard or the n52te. My right hand does aiming, clicking, and with my thumbpad, the switching of weapons.

Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:27 pm
[n00b] Member

I use a Razer Nostromo 52te with a Razer Naga... sweet butt raping joy :D

The Chicago Bears are the best NFL team in NFL History...dont believe me, check the NFL hall of fame and see how many players are from the Bears. Seems like someone from our d goes to the pro bowl yearly... prove me wrong.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:12 pm
Profile YIM
[n00b] Member

Rokatanski wrote:
Rok use keyboard.
Rok click mouse.

uppity fancy "gaming device" havin niggas.

I also find it funny tazz can hold onto the belkin thingy but breaks the styleophone within a month. Fail.

Lmao, why do we have to be "uppity?" Nothing wrong with the Nostromo. Im on my second one though. The original (Belkin) died so I had to get just the newer Nostromo. But the Naga is pimpin. Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_02

The Chicago Bears are the best NFL team in NFL History...dont believe me, check the NFL hall of fame and see how many players are from the Bears. Seems like someone from our d goes to the pro bowl yearly... prove me wrong.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:25 pm
Profile YIM
Forum Newbie

I use some Razer Blackwidow Battlefield 3 editon :))))))))))))

Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:00 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]