n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Computer freezes 
n00bfest Asshole

Post Computer freezes
So, I bought this computer DIY deal from Newegg after I got my tax return back in March....had to return the motherboard and the video card I bought and get replacements, but that's fixed and it runs now (wouldn't boot up), but now whenever I play certain games (CSS is fine, but CSGO and Battlefield 4 are the only other ones I've tried), the computer freezes up after a minute or so. Also noted that when I tried streaming some movies to a media player, it freezes up too.

Here's what I bought:

motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6813132055 (ASUS A88XM-PLUS)
cpu: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6819113360 (AMD A10-7700K APU)
ram: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6820231428 (G.SKILL Ripsaw X DDR3 1600)
pwr supply: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6817182132 (Rosewill HIVE 650W)
HDD: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6822148840 (Seagate 1TB)

All of those were included in the DIY combo...then I added on a MSI ATI Radeon HD 7770 1GB video card also.

If I had money, I'd replace the RAM, as I can't find that particular ram on any compatibility list for that mobo that I've seen, but since that ram came with the combo deal, I thought it would be okay...?

Any help?

I hope Tom Brady gets anally raped in Hell.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:04 pm
[HNIC] Stзamroller ω

Post Re: Computer freezes
I'd update the video card drivers to the latest and see if that helps. Failing that, I'd see if there's some kind of diagnostic software that can test the video card.

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
-- Hunter S Thompson

Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:44 pm
Profile WWW
One-Eyed Elder, Senior Admin

Could it be overheating? Got enough cooling in that box? Might be that something is getting too hot and shutting down to save your shit.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:41 am
Profile YIM
n00bfest Asshole

There's like four fans (two on the case, one on the CPU and one on the video card), so I wouldn't think that would be a problem...doesn't seem like it is when I get near the case, feels cool...who knows? This was a shitty shitty shitty DIY kit from Newegg (EVERYONE that purchased it seems to have had the same issues at the beginning), so I don't know how long I"m going to keep this - probably until I get some more money to purchase another one....but it would be nice to have a working on for CS and BF while I have this, especially since I paid nearly $800 for this hunk of shit....

Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:49 pm
Game Server Admin

Power supply......definitely your power supply!

Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:56 pm
n00bfest Retired Ancient, Senior Admin

I would prime 95 it for a couple hrs to see if its stable cpu wise.If its hangs i would check the the clocks on the ram,they may be set to high.If prime runs fine then its most likely the video card.As Gman said update the drivers.You should have some software with your mb to give temps.Check heat sinks with your hand to see if they are getting warm,if they are NOT then you may need to reseed them.If their not getting warm they are not doing there job. Personally i would just back the ram down a notch,try 1333.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:12 pm
n00bfest Retired Ancient, Senior Admin

Ok,just read the reviews for the motherboard and it has all kinds of issues. Get the latest bios and try that.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:28 pm
n00bfest Asshole

Yeah, I just updated that....haven't tried running any games yet. And, yeah...I'm pretty much done with Newegg after this debacle of a combo they were selling...

Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:14 pm
n00bfest Asshole

Well, I don't want to jinx myself *knocks on wood* but AMD just came out with a new BIOS and a new chipset driver for my mobo a couple weeks ago...I updated all of that, and just played BF4 for about four hours...I could only play for about 5 mins before it would freeze before I updated everything - have yet to try CSGO, but so far it's looking promising....

EDIT: Just played GO for about 30 mins....couldn't play for more than 5 mins before it would freeze....I think I'm good to go. They must have realized how shitty their stuff was and came up with quick driver updates....

Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:07 pm
n00bfest Elder, Senior Admin

JoeMamma wrote:
Yeah, I just updated that....haven't tried running any games yet. And, yeah...I'm pretty much done with Newegg after this debacle of a combo they were selling...

It's not particularly newegg's fault.

But it's up to the consumer to do their homework before buying stuff like this.

I bought my shit from newegg and have had ZERO problems.

strangelegend@n00bfest.com

Fri May 02, 2014 11:53 am
Profile WWW
n00bfest Asshole

I would have thought they would test out a combo before selling it. It's what I get for assuming, I guess....

Fri May 02, 2014 12:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]