n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Wireless card help 
Game Server Admin

Post Wireless card help
I have an integrated wireless card in my PC that I use to game on. Lately it has been disconnecting me like crazy. Really annoying when Im in the middle of a comp. match on GO. Its not my router because my phone stays connected to it the whole time and it never loses signal. But I disconnect for about 30 seconds then im usually able to reconnect. I updated all my drivers and everything last night. Helped a little as im able to reconnect a little bit faster and it doesnt occur as often, but still an annoyance. I think it might just be dying. Any ideas?

Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:43 pm
Spammer Hopeful

Post Re: Wireless card help
I think most integrated wireless on mobos is user replacable, been a while since I had one.

did you add any new components to the computer prior to the problem starting? if not, it is most likely going bad, you can snag a usb wirless dongle(hehe dongle) for less than 20 bucks and they work fine, I use one on my other pc. http://www.amazon.com/Medialink--150Mbp ... b+wireless

if you have a free pci slot I can probably send you one, if you can't figure it out and don't wanna drop some cash.

STOP FLIRTING WITH ME!

Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:58 pm
Game Server Admin

nope, just have my video card in here since I opened the box. So they have been working together for 6 or 7 years now

Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:46 pm
Spammer Hopeful

well if you have a free pci slot and want me to send you a wireless card let me know.

I would double check that the wireless antenna screws aren't loose at all before you give up

STOP FLIRTING WITH ME!

Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:32 pm
Game Server Admin

Im just going to get a dongle and call it good. Dont really feel like messing with it. Its an HP elite box and they are a pain in the ass to work on with the easy media drive bracket covering up most of the mobo.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]