n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 issue with my headset kinda 
[n00b] Member

Post issue with my headset kinda
so im not sure when this happens, or what causes it, but my computer will randomly stop sending sound to my headset and just put it thru the speakers even tho the headset is still plugged in, on the sound option control thing it still says (headphones) so i cant make it switch to them. the only way to fix it back to normal is to restart my computer and its really obnoxious when it happens in the middle of things because i have to stop what im doing to get it to work. im not sure what to do about this and am wondering if anyone knows how to fix it?

Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:39 pm
[n00b] Member

Post Re: issue with my headset kinda
My guess would be that either A you need to reinstall your headset drivers or B you have something else running in the background that is stealing priority. So (while they are plugged in) go to add remove hardware and remove them, unplug then replug them in to reinstal a fresh set of drivers. also check online for up to date drivers. Make sure your ONLY running CS:S or whatever other game. no interwebz or lolcatz.

also a distinct possibility: your USB port is going bad and loosing its connection OR that the distance is too great to your headset. Make sure your plugging into a USB port that goes directly to your mobo NOT one that is in the front of the case. (these are connected to mobo by wires, adding to the distance/power loss.) If you already have a boosted USB hub try plugging into that.

also because its you:your just hearing voices again, time to up your dose.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:31 am
n00bfest Elder, Lead Developer

Are they USB? If so, do you hear the USB device connected/disconnected sound?

One way to fix it without restarting would be to (in Playback Devices) right click and Disable your headset, then right click Enable, then right click Set as Default Device.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:26 pm
[n00b] Member

yeah dark ive tried taht..it seems if im running off wireless and switch it to hardwire it does it more often then not..and na they are the two imput jacks like normal headphones

Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:34 pm
n00bfest Elder, Senior Admin

Disconnect speakers, or disable them in the sound options, see if it does it then.

strangelegend@n00bfest.com

Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:29 am
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

so do you have the speakers and headset going through the same sound ports on a switch? or one in the front and one in the back or what. if its a switch, obviously it could be a failing connection inside of it. if its two different sets of ports your using then it sounds more like a mobo problem so you may need to update/flash your bios

Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:18 pm
[n00b] Member

no its not a switch, it is just that when i plug my headphones/headset into the jacks the sound goes to the headphones only..like it is supposed to but it randomly decides its going to switch to putting sound out thru both headphones and built in speakers(i use a laptop) its a hit and miss type cuz when i want it to happen to figure out why it never works but its always at the WORST possible times that it happens, and i got it checked out by a friend that works for geek squad and he said everything inside works fine so i must have a hotkey that i dont know about that i press and dont know how to undo it? idk computers arent my specialty

Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:48 pm
[n00b] Member

it could be a hotkey(sorry was thinking you were running desktop), so for that you would have to look at the manufacture loaded programs(obviously make sure they are updated) i would also do a google search on your make/model with your issue, its probable someone else has had the issue and has it resolved. Oh geek squad knows dick about computers.

Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:29 am
[n00b] Member

Yeah ik but its more then i know so i started there an it was free so that's always better then nothing but ill give it a shot, im not sure why but it hasnt come back up in a week or two but i most likely just jinxed it

Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]