n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 launch problems on steam 
Game Server Admin

Post launch problems on steam
most games i have on steam always display a window that says "preparing for first time installation" then proceeds to try to install Microsoft VC 2008 Redist package, it does nothing but sit there, so i click cancel and try to run it again. it skips past that phase right fast and tried to install Microsoft VC 2010 Redist Package. but this time it actually tries to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 redistributable
Attachment:
borderlands 2 install (2).png
borderlands 2 install (2).png [ 738.8 KiB | Viewed 6204 times ]

so i click ok and start the install. it starts by verifying files and when that finishes the lower bar takes over but it simply says "waiting for another install to complete" and waits there for however long i have patience for.
Attachment:
borderlands 2 install (3).png
borderlands 2 install (3).png [ 730.24 KiB | Viewed 6204 times ]

then i decided to try opening up task manager and kill windows installer applications(3 of which were running). i killed all of them but the most recent as well as some other random processes that i looked up and had no use. after i killed those processes the VC Redist installer went from "waiting for another install to complete" to "rolling back microsoft visual c++ 2010 redistributable". and it also sits there and does nothing for as long as i have patience for.
Attachment:
borderlands 2 install (5).png
borderlands 2 install (5).png [ 1007.1 KiB | Viewed 6204 times ]

so basically i am stuck at thsi phase and have no idea what to do because i have no idea why it is asking me to do this just to play borderlands 2. every other game i have installed launches just fine.

EDIT:
currently am verifying game cache files, said it needed to redownload 1 file. doing that now. hope this works.

double edit:
nope. still doing it. FML

AnalChowMein wrote:
I will spoon high, oh yes I will spoon. Most likely naked and in a sauna sweating out our sins.

Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:50 pm
Spammer Hopeful

Post Re: launch problems on steam
This is pretty obvious, but have you tried alt+tabbing to see if there is an confirmation box popping up behind the dialogs that you are currently looking at?

Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:12 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

check your firewall and security settings i have had issues with my security settings on my pc they are slightly higher then a common pc and it causes issues with games to open and install ....

You are a wolf. You are intelligent and wild. Your spirit runs free with the wind and travels in a close knit pack. Family is one of your main duties in life, even though at times you prefer to be alone. You are silent, hardly seen by man but adored by wild life lovers, everywhere. Patience is the key and you aren't afraid to die with honor.
* "The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for". Bob Marley
honestly' =DiK=: lol I really want sound because it looks like the girl growls as she smacks herself in the face with it

Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:52 pm
Profile YIM
Game Server Admin

have u tried manually reinstalling vc redist package 2010? sometimes the original gets fucked over and needs to be redone?

Also Davep might have this one solved as simple as it sounds

Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:56 am
Game Server Admin

yes i have checked all those things. as a matter of fact, through killing most processes of steam and "VC redist blah blah" then trying it over the installation from the pictures actually went through. now when the game goes to launch. it says performing VC redist and then says it's done and nothing happens. on the steam game list after the "preparing install" window goes away the word synching flashes right by the borderlands 2 title. and then the game does not launch. no idea why.

edit:
i have also verified the game cache files a few times. mostly after something changes and i got a step ahead.

AnalChowMein wrote:
I will spoon high, oh yes I will spoon. Most likely naked and in a sauna sweating out our sins.

Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:36 am
Game Server Admin

u try reinstalling steam or deleting clientregistry.blob

Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:58 am
Game Server Admin

also try reinstalling DirectX and your video card drivers.
It might also be a good idea to check for updated chipset drivers aswell.

Hope your issue gets fixed

Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:12 pm
Game Server Admin

i should try re-installing directX and i recently updated my video drivers from nvidia. as for the chipset drivers please enlighten me.

AnalChowMein wrote:

Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:00 pm
[n00b] Member

I just keep clicking no everytime UAC comes up for this and it works fine...

Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:37 pm
Game Server Admin

Have u tried disabling your Av?

Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]