n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Very Good Article On CPU Gaming Benchmarks Sorted By Price 
[n00b] Member

Post Very Good Article On CPU Gaming Benchmarks Sorted By Price
http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2012/08/inside-the-second-gaming-performance-with-todays-cpus/

Article is 8 pages long and covers 18 different CPUs ranging from the low end all the way up to the highest powered consumer processor currently available.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:51 pm
Game Server Admin

Post Re: Very Good Article On CPU Gaming Benchmarks Sorted By Pri
pretty good article. For the record i use a Phenom IIx6 1055t It wasn't to expensive and works well coupled with my Radeon Hd 6870 (1gb) card. But i always tell people when they are looking to build a new pc for gaming, you should always couple a mid range cpu with a mid range card, or high end with high end. I see far too many folks get a super expensive CPU or Gpu and then try to Get the cheapest possible Component on the other end. It just wont work well. Also most people i build pc's for dont have a clue on when or how to upgrade so i try to build them a system that they can be happy with for atleast 4 years. Good article find kwang, I always had a feeling the Fx chip design was a ripoff to gamers and that is why i went with the phenom architecture. IMO AMD needs to worry more about core efficiency and not just adding more cores because most games use 2-3 cores maximum With 4 being utilized only in the newest games with dx11. Anything more than 4 cores kinda gets wasted in gaming. I think its better to have a faster core with 4 of em than slower cores with 8 (unless im a multitasker that likes to encode videos and produce music). Intel is still better than AMD I just wish i had the money for an intel based system at the time. Other than that my machine is perfectly fine and still runs all the latest games on high-max setting with 2-4x Aa and 4-16x Af depending on the game.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:49 pm
[n00b] Member

Post Re: Very Good Article On CPU Gaming Benchmarks Sorted By Pri
The part I found interesting is that the cheapest FX chip was also the fastest and the other chips only showed gains in games where more than 3 or 4 cores were used. On the other hand, if you're doing a lot of design work, an FX chip is pretty good.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]