n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:21 am

Forum rules

This is where you tell your tales. This isn't a forum for links or boobs. This is just like you're in the pub, you tell stories.

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 my hospital story 
[n00b] Member

Post my hospital story
So i work as an electrocardiogram technician in a hospital and a couple days ago i was working the late shift and i get an ekg order to do an ekg. A couple seconds later i get a phone call saying its a cat call (basically means hurry your ass up this dudes dying) and i need to get there immediately. So i go up the ICU and i see a guy who i actually knew from a few days before. I go in the patient room and he has doctors and nurses all around him and they tell me to begin the ekg because of severe chest pains so i do. about half way through hooking up all the leads he coded and started having a heart attack. (fml) So i step back as the doctor comes in and begins ordering people around and telling them what to do. He told me to stay in the room just in case they were able to revive him because he would need an ekg immediately. They performed CPR for about 20 minutes and never got him fully revived.

Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:22 am
[n00b] Member

Post Re: my hospital story
I'm the director of Security at a level 2 trauma center in a nasty, nasty city. I've seen it 1,000 times, nothing shocks me anymore. My first day almost 10 years ago training I watched a 6 year old die while we tried to keep his parents out of the room so the Doc's could work. I've got enough stories to keep anyone entertained for hours.

My wife is a Polysomnographer (sleep clinic) and a Electroneurodiagnostic tech (brain ekg) at a different but just as crazy hospital. My sister in law is a electrocardiogram technician and my mother in law is our pharmacy coordinator both at the same hospital that I work at.

Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:26 am
Profile YIM
[n00b] Member

Story

Before I took a promotion I was an armed officer working in our ER. One afternoon I received information that we had a motorcycle accident inbound, nothing out of the ordinary yet. Ambulance arrived and carted in 2 patients who were both on the same bike. A few minutes passes by and one of the nurses asks for my help holding one of the patients down from the bike accident. I thought it was weird as normally I would only get called for aggressive drunk, suicide, elderly etc. I walk into the trauma bay and see that the patient is clearly mentally retarded. He is all over the place in his bed. The clinical staff is freaking out trying to get him to hold his legs still. He is all over the bed trying to play with stuff. I look at his legs and see that his skin has been ripped from both of his legs exposing his muscles and he is moving around and doesn't feel a thing. I'm holding his torso down trying to talk to him, I let him play with my radio and he stopped moving all together. We are a teaching hospital with lots of students so the doc calls in all the students to see this kids muscles moving around. The doc asks the kid if it hurts and he looked down at his legs and seemed interested. He reached down and started to move his foot around and was touching his own muscles without flinching. Some of the students couldn't take it and left the room, I was getting a kick out of it.

Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:38 am
Profile YIM
n00bfest Council

AnalChowMein wrote:
Story

Before I took a promotion I was an armed officer working in our ER. One afternoon I received information that we had a motorcycle accident inbound, nothing out of the ordinary yet. Ambulance arrived and carted in 2 patients who were both on the same bike. A few minutes passes by and one of the nurses asks for my help holding one of the patients down from the bike accident. I thought it was weird as normally I would only get called for aggressive drunk, suicide, elderly etc. I walk into the trauma bay and see that the patient is clearly mentally retarded. He is all over the place in his bed. The clinical staff is freaking out trying to get him to hold his legs still. He is all over the bed trying to play with stuff. I look at his legs and see that his skin has been ripped from both of his legs exposing his muscles and he is moving around and doesn't feel a thing. I'm holding his torso down trying to talk to him, I let him play with my radio and he stopped moving all together. We are a teaching hospital with lots of students so the doc calls in all the students to see this kids muscles moving around. The doc asks the kid if it hurts and he looked down at his legs and seemed interested. He reached down and started to move his foot around and was touching his own muscles without flinching. Some of the students couldn't take it and left the room, I was getting a kick out of it.

Shit is fucked up yo. I don't think I could ever work in the hospital cause I can't even stand the sight of my own blood. My mom has surgery where they had to cut open her stomach and take out her colon. Well when we got home my dad had to stuff gauze into this well her stomach was still open so he had to stuff gauze into that opening I think like 2-3 times a week. I was there for the first time holding the light... and I got light headed and had to lay on the floor in the bathroom afterwards... let's just say I was never asked to hold hte light again.

Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:13 am
[n00b] Member

That'd be crazy to work in a trauma hospital. my dad is a director of surgery (not a trauma hospital) and he comes home with stories all the time of watching surgeries and heart transplants. I wish I could go in and watch all the surgeries they had for a day.

I had this patient one time and asked why he was in the hospital. he said he broke his dick... my eye twitched a little because i imagined the pain. i couldn't help but to ask how though. he said he must have had a morning wood and rolled off the bed in his sleep. hahaha i lolled

Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]