n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:04 am

Forum rules

This is where you tell your tales. This isn't a forum for links or boobs. This is just like you're in the pub, you tell stories.

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Aweful story 
Game Server Admin

Post Aweful story
So I am 26 and start experiencing extended lower back pain. I decide to see a doctor after about 2 weeks of pain that won't go away. I see the doc and tell him I haven't been able to lay comfortably on my stomach for years and that I had thought I hurt my back when I was 16 playing hockey. He does a full exam and decides to take xrays. After the bullshit 45 min wait after the xray the doc comes in and says well your right. You hurt your back when you were younger. It seems you damaged 1,2,3 vertebrae in your lower back when you were a kid. What do you mean damaged? Well you fractured your back, you healed, but not in the right way and that is why you hurt. What??? Well what can we do. Besides PT, next to nothing. It will improve your quality of life, but you will always have pain and will never be able to comfortably lay on your stomach again. But I seen a Doc when i was 16 and he said I was fine. Well I guess you should have gotten a second opinion. Now I have the fun of contemplating whether I should pursue a doctor who fucked up 10 years ago.......

Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:53 pm
[n00b] Member

Post Re: Aweful story
awful*

"OH BABY YOU BOUGHT ME A HALLMARK CARD AND SOME F*CKING ROSES. PLEASE BUST A LOAD IN MY SNATCH AND LET'S MAKE A CRITTER"
"LOL K"
*SPLAT*

-Gman

Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:20 pm
[n00b] Member

PT, also, look into yoga for back pain. And breathing techniques. And a chiropractor.

Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:21 pm
Game Server Admin

Seen a Chiropractor and that shit sucked. After 2 months all it did was make me hurt worse and cost me 60 dollars a week.... but thanks

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:17 pm
[n00b] Member

Virgil wrote:
Seen a Chiropractor and that shit sucked. After 2 months all it did was make me hurt worse and cost me 60 dollars a week.... but thanks

Maybe he was a shit chiro, just saying. Also, if those vertebrae were fractured years before you went, there's not much he could do with misshapen bones.

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:11 pm
n00bfest Elder, Senior Admin

Fucked my back up when I was 17. Now 26.

Stretching helps a lot. I went to a chiro for a few years, worked out pretty good. It all depends on how it's damaged really.

strangelegend@n00bfest.com

Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:44 pm
Profile WWW
Game Server Admin

yeah i am turning 26 in about a week and happened when i was 16 lol. Yeah Im going to try for the pt i think it will help alot, though they want me to go wed at noon while i work 7-3 every day..... Idiots

Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:38 pm
[n00b] Member

ouchies.. hope you find something to help your pain. I fell off a roof in 08 and fucked a vertabre in my middle left back. stretching is helpful and i go to the chiro it helps a lil, but the chiro told me i had to start sleeping with just a towel rolled up as my pillow under my neck and putting a pillow under my thighs close to the backs of my knees to help me relax my back muscles and that makes a huge difference.

Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:13 am
[n00b] Member

Stuff like that sucks all you can really do is to learn to live with it.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:22 pm
Game Server Admin

yeah lil update got an mri. Hurniated disc S1L1 / cyst on L5 / and desiccation of L1L2 disc. Girl friend works at the hospital and was able to get the report for me before i see the doctor. I dont know what or how bad some of it is but meh......gotta live with it

Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:18 pm
[n00b] Member

back injuries are extremely hard to diagnose but if you have this doc and proof it was an injury from that one incident then yes pursue

You are a wolf. You are intelligent and wild. Your spirit runs free with the wind and travels in a close knit pack. Family is one of your main duties in life, even though at times you prefer to be alone. You are silent, hardly seen by man but adored by wild life lovers, everywhere. Patience is the key and you aren't afraid to die with honor.
* "The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for". Bob Marley
honestly' =DiK=: lol I really want sound because it looks like the girl growls as she smacks herself in the face with it

Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:38 am
Profile YIM
n00bfest Ancient, Senior Admin

Virgil wrote:
So I am 26 and start experiencing extended lower back pain. I decide to see a doctor after about 2 weeks of pain that won't go away. I see the doc and tell him I haven't been able to lay comfortably on my stomach for years and that I had thought I hurt my back when I was 16 playing hockey. He does a full exam and decides to take xrays. After the bullshit 45 min wait after the xray the doc comes in and says well your right. You hurt your back when you were younger. It seems you damaged 1,2,3 vertebrae in your lower back when you were a kid. What do you mean damaged? Well you fractured your back, you healed, but not in the right way and that is why you hurt. What??? Well what can we do. Besides PT, next to nothing. It will improve your quality of life, but you will always have pain and will never be able to comfortably lay on your stomach again. But I seen a Doc when i was 16 and he said I was fine. Well I guess you should have gotten a second opinion. Now I have the fun of contemplating whether I should pursue a doctor who fucked up 10 years ago.......

My boss swares by acupuncture, hes had back pain for years and says that acupuncture is the only thing that gives him some relief from the pain.

Man is not free unless government is limited.

The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.

We should measure welfare's success by how many people leave welfare, not by how many are added.

Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:49 am
Game Server Admin

Hmm ill look into it thanks

Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:10 pm
[n00b] Member

i have a real nice nail gun.. i can perform some deep tissue accupuncture for FREE -_0

Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:55 pm
[n00b] Member

Virgil wrote:
So I am 26 and start experiencing extended lower back pain.

What an awful story, I want my 2 seconds of my life back.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:00 am
Game Server Admin

If you do want to pursue the doctor from 10 years ago make sure you check the statute of limitations on that before hiring a lawyer. I believe in most matters its usually 5-7 years. I could be wrong with medical malpractice though.

Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:07 pm
n00bfest Council

that blows ass dude. My back is mangled. Ive been punched, kicked, kneed, stepped on you name it from soccer. It gets horrifingly bad when I go for a jog and the pain in my lower back will literally seize all the muscles from my lower back into my shoulders and I cant breathe properly for 10 mins. ITs rare but HOLY SHIT does it F*CKING suck. Like Strange said stretching really really helps.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]