n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:55 pm

Forum rules

This is where you tell your tales. This isn't a forum for links or boobs. This is just like you're in the pub, you tell stories.

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 A Dream Sequence 
[n00b] Member

Post A Dream Sequence
This is something I found in a notebook journal from several years ago, and it's an autobiographical recalling of a dream from the point of view of me telling it to someone who had called my phone and woken me up:

You woke me from a dream.

In the dream, I met with you in a clearing in the middle of a forest, trails going in various directions. You and I were comparing our constructions, an intertwining amalgamation of ladder-like objects that lead every which way.
Mine was assembled of very few ladders, leading only here and there, up and down, and in diagonals; somewhat jumbled, but it was easy to count the number of ladders.

I looked at your construction, and like the Great Glass Wonkavator, only with ladders, one could go side-ways and square-ways and front-ways, and any other way one could think of.

I got mad at you and accused you of not playing by the rules in its creation; it was difficult to behold and I had trouble deciphering which ladder went where, or even how many ladders there were.

In an instant, for that is how dreams are, we found ourselves in a small home with adults whom I assumed were your parents. Your countenance had undergone a transformation in the transition from forest to shelter.
You were a little plump of face, with an innumerable amount of freckles, coarse hair, and a different nose, so that you were almost unrecognizable.

I was confused and kept asking what had happened to you, eventually second-guessing myself and asking you, "Where's Cait?"
In another instant, we were in a ball room with lots of people. Some were unfamiliar faces, while others were the friends I had growing up and throughout high school, and yet others were people I knew but who never took me for a friend - even though I had desired it. In the dream, the girls from this group were fighting over me.

What I remember of the party that was being held is as follows:

It was a pajama party. I had on three items; a shirt, an undergarment, and pants of a multi-shaded blue square pattern, with squares inside of squares and a consistent design. You had on a blouse and pants of a light color and airy texture.

We were in a corner of the room separate from everyone else. I moved into the throng to be with friends and started dancing in a circle and then with a girl who opened her clothing so that she was bare chested. Seeing this, another girl tried to get my attention and then I started to worry about you sitting alone, as I couldn't see you amidst the crowd.

I started to think dark thoughts, like "what if she's spreading gossip about me?" and told Young, who suddenly was there and saying "that's what she did to me!" and then I went off to find you. You were still in that same corner of the room, crouched on the floor, only you were not alone. You were talking to Zacc. I started to tell you that I was afraid of you because of what I've been told and because of what I've experienced.

The setting changed and you were gone. I was still in that room, but it was now a super market.
Everyone was leaving and we were told to take what we wanted and then set out. I did so, wondering if it was really okay to take things without paying, and left the building.

I started my travels, not knowing where to go or how to get where I was going and got directions, but just kept wandering the streets searching.

And then the phone rang and I was awake.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]