n00bfest.com
Home Forum phpBB3 Shoutbox Servers Teamspeak Admins Donate FAQ
Stats Contact Us!

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:33 am

Forum rules

This is where you tell your tales. This isn't a forum for links or boobs. This is just like you're in the pub, you tell stories.

Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Everyones favorite drink... 
Veteran Spammer

Post Re: Everyones favorite drink...
Sam Adams is a craft beer. My go to for just casual drinking is NewCastle. I dont know if its available in most areas now, but they are releasing seasonal varieties of NewCastle. The Founders ale came out around the beginning of the year which was a really good pale ale. They have a Summer ale out right now, but its not that good. Its like most wheat ales but it didnt have a very good aftertaste. Just have to give a list of what TYPES of beer you like and that makes it alot easier to break down and recommend something. Lagers, Bocks, Trippels, Pale Ales, Red Ales, Whites, Wheats, Porters, Stouts, Barley Wines, India Pale Ales, Imperial/DIPA varieties, Mead, and etc.

Thu May 17, 2012 8:56 am
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

L1veUndead, Sam Adams is a 'super-commercial' craft beer (Yeah I probably invented the term, lol). It's not a 'domestic' and I never said it was. Newcastle is available pretty much everywhere. It's not bad but it's not awesome. Very specifically I'm looking for anything put out by small batch breweries or at least ones that are not just independently owned and operated, but aren't afraid to put out brews with personality, (a big reason why I'm into my local Shipyard brewery, which is also the states-side producer of Old Thumper, from Ringwood brewery in England). The only brews I have a hard time with are Shandies and most 'fruit' beers. Shipyard knows how not to screw that up, as the beers such as "Smashed Pumpkins" and "Smashed Blueberries" aren't overly sweet.

Fri May 18, 2012 1:46 am
Spammer Hopeful

if you don't drink Colorado micro brews you are missing out.

STOP FLIRTING WITH ME!

Fri May 18, 2012 8:03 pm
[n00b] Member

L1veUndead wrote:
My go to for just casual drinking is NewCastle.

Mine too....I'll usually get a pitcher or two of newcastle. Soooooo gooooooooood.

Alabama just signed a new law allowing them get bottles up to 25oz now....so hopefully we will start seeing a lot larger selection in our area.

Sat May 19, 2012 12:50 am
Veteran Spammer

Newcastle is available everywhere, but what I am asking is if the seasonals they are releasing are popping up in other areas yet. http://www.beerpulse.com/2011/04/newcastle-formally-introduces-seasonal-lineup/

So far the Founders Ale and Summer Ale have been released. Founders was a good pale ale, while the Summer was a shitty Heffe. I hear the Werewolf and Winter IPA are the best of the bunch though.

Most breweries that I have tend to stick with are ones that continue to excite me from a beer standpoint that also are available in my area. In no particular order:

Dogfishead
Bells
Weyerbacher
Stone
Rogue
Kona
Lagunitas
Sierra Nevada
Great Divide
Left Hand
Terrapin
Oskar Blues
Abita
Sweetwater
Brew Dog
Flying Dog
Southern Tier
Sam Smith
Magic Hat
Blue Point
Full Sail
Nola
Victory
Widmer

If all else fails just do some headhunting on http://beeradvocate.com/ Find out what your looking for flavor wise and order from somewhere.

Sun May 20, 2012 9:27 am
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

Sam Smith's not bad, Dogfishead and Magic Hat are familliar as is Terrapin and Rogue, though I have yet to taste a Terrapin. If I ask about special ordering some of any of those I can probably get my hands on at least a bottle or two, assuming they sell larger bottles, and if not, a six-pack.

Mon May 21, 2012 12:44 am
[n00b] Member

I am a vodka and whiskey kinda guy.

Mon May 21, 2012 3:19 pm
[n00b] Member

here's a good drink if u r in the mood for walking on clouds and watching the stars/lights vibrate and fall into the dismal. DELSYM cough liquid. when i was a teen i would slam a large bottle of this and drink some liquor and smoke some herbs and feel pretty good. Well good luck with frying your frontal lobes, it's ok a cpl times -_0 and worth the experience.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:16 pm
[n00b] Member

DUBz wrote:
here's a good drink if u r in the mood for walking on clouds and watching the stars/lights vibrate and fall into the dismal. DELSYM cough liquid. when i was a teen i would slam a large bottle of this and drink some liquor and smoke some herbs and feel pretty good. Well good luck with frying your frontal lobes, it's ok a cpl times -_0 and worth the experience.

I've done this, it's basically robo-tripping and although the product contains alcohol, it is NOT a beverage, for F*CK's sake. It's a psychoactive hallucinogen.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:25 pm
[n00b] Member

Piss.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:22 pm
[n00b] Member

Beer year round favorite: Terrapin Rye Pale Ale,
Beer Season: Dogfish Head Pumpkin Ale
Liquor Drink: Electric Lemonade
Liquor Straight: Green Label Evan Williams

Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:31 pm
Forum Newbie

nothin beats a shot of jack with a corona to wash it down

Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:56 pm
[n00b] Member

personally i have tried a lot of beers and they still taste like piss to me :/ but i do like gin straight :D

TheBosman wrote:
This is home . Done and done .

Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:03 pm
Profile WWW
[n00b] Member

maker's mark whiskey and coke is probably my favorite

Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6